Rich vanilla ice cream blended with melted caramels and salty, roasted cashew nuts. A thick ice cream shop style milkshake that you have to eat with a spoon.
My husband’s favorite milkshake is Caramel Cashew from Nielsen’s Frozen Custard. Their ice cream is so thick that they call it concrete. While this shake isn’t as thick as Nielsen’s, it’s every bit as creamy and delicious. My husband gave it two thumbs up.
If you haven’t already, stop by and check out my Strawberry Chocolate Chip Shake recipe and Blendtec Twister Jar giveaway. It’s my favorite shake. What’s yours?
Caramel Cashew Milkshake
- 3 soft caramel candies unwrapped about 1 ounce
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 ½ cups vanilla ice cream approximately 3 scoops
- 6 roasted salted cashews
- In a microwave safe dish, combine caramel and milk. Cook on high until milk starts to bubble, about 15 seconds. Remove and stir until caramel is melted and smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Add caramel mixture and ice cream to Blender Jar. Blend until smooth. Add cashews and pulse until cashews are evenly distributed throughout the shake but not smooth.
- Twister Jar Directions
- Add caramel mixture and ice cream to Twister Jar; push ice cream down to blade and place Twister Lid on jar.
- Hold Twister Lid and with the other hand press "Speed Up", turn Twister Lid counter-clockwise during blending and run until nearly smooth. Press "Pulse" to stop blender.
- Add cashews. Replace lid and press "Pulse" until cashews are evenly distributed throughout the shake but not smooth.