Moist, tender zucchini bread loaded with cinnamon chips and topped with a sweet cinnamon sugar topping. A quick bread perfect for any time of day.
This recipe was one my husband asked me to create. He loves my Snickerdoodle Bread and he loves my Zucchini Bread, so he thought it would be fun to combine the two. This bread smelled heavenly while it was baking and I couldn’t resist snacking on a piece when it was hot from the oven. Although, if you can wait, it slices much better when it’s cool. And if you can wait a whole day, it’s even more moist and delicious the next day.
My daughter and almost 2 year old grandson help me bake this bread. He loves measuring, helping get items from the pantry, but most of all cracking the eggs. They bought a new house and are moving out this weekend. I’m going to miss that little guy so much.
If you have picky eaters peel your zucchini before you grate it so that you can’t see the zucchini. You really can’t taste the zucchini once it’s baked in the bread. It just adds moisture and body to the bread.
Zucchini bread never lasts very long at our house these four mini loaves were gone in 24 hours. Although soon I’ll have three less people to eat and appreciate my baked goods. I’m going to miss that too.
Cinnamon Chip Zucchini Bread
- 2 ⅓ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup light sour cream
- 3 cups grated zucchini peeled*
- 1 ½ cup cinnamon chips 1 package Hershey's
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans (I used 4 mini loaf pans) and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat sugar, oil, and eggs. Mix in vanilla, and sour cream, beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Mix in zucchini and cinnamon chips just until combined.
- Divide batter between pans.
- Prepare Cinnamon Topping: Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the batter in the pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes (30 minutes for mini loaves) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pans on a wire rack; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.