A rich, fudgy brownie filled with caramel, coconut and drizzled with chocolate. The flavors of a Samoa cookie in a decadent little brownie bite.
Gygi (one of my favorite stores) invited 7 local bloggers to create a recipe using Peter’s Caramel. Samoas are one of my favorite Girl Scout cookies, so I thought it would be fun to incorporate the flavors of Samoas in an irresistible little brownie bite.
Gygi sent the bloggers a 5 lb. loaf of Peters Caramel. I’d never tired their caramel before, but now I’m hooked. It’s rich, smooth and creamy. It melts easily and best of all you don’t have to unwrap lots of little caramel squares when you want to use it.
Gygi is having a contest on their site where you can checkout all 7 delicious recipes and vote for your favorite recipe. I’ve taken these brownie bites to two parties now and they received rave reviews, so they’re certainly a favorite of mine.
Caramel Delight Brownie Bites
- ¾ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 pouch Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 15 ounces Peters Caramel approximately 1 ⅓ cups
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- ½ cup Guittard Dark Chocolate Apeels or other dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Toast coconut on rimmed baking sheet for 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove to a plate to cool.
- Line mini muffin pans with paper liners. (The brownies are difficult to remove from the pan without liners.)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together water, oil and egg until well combined. Add brownie mix and stir until well blended. Scoop 1 tablespoon brownie batter in to each of the paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake brownies 15 minutes until the brownies are firm to the touch. Don't overbake, you want them to be fudgy.
- While brownies are baking, put the caramel and evaporated milk in a microwave safe bowl. Cook on high for 1 minute. Stir. Cook on 50% power for 1 minute or until caramel starts to bubble. Stir again. Repeat until caramel is melted and combined with milk.
- Stir in toasted coconut. Set aside until ready to use.
- Remove baked brownies from oven and using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each brownie. Fill with caramel filling. (Reheat caramel filling on 50% power if necessary.)
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl on 50% power, stirring often. When melted, put in a small Ziploc bag, snip off a little bit of the corner of the bag. Drizzle over the top of the caramel filling.
Today’s post is also part of 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats hosted by Brenda, Meal Planning Magic. I used cute little Halloween cups for the pictures for Gygi, but they would be fun dressed up for Christmas with some cute little mini Christmas cupcake liners.
I came across this site by (happy) accident, saw this recipe and bookmarked this site! I am wondering if these brownie bites can be made ahead of time (by a day or two) or if they could be frozen and defrosted (by a month or so) ??
They look awesome and I am wanting to make this for a baby shower and the day of the shower looks pretty hectic. Thank you for sharing your talent 🙂 I am looking forward to more browsing on this site!
Hi Joyce – I’m glad you stumbled on my site. These brownies are perfect for a baby shower and you can definitely make them a day or two ahead of time. If I was going to freeze them, I’d probably just freeze the brownie part and fill them with the caramel and drizzle them with chocolate the day before serving. Enjoy!
Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking
Samoas are one of my favorite cookies. I’ve recently found a recipe for them and can’t wait to try it. And now your bites. Definitely a must try.
Thanks for sharing Barbara
Paula @ Vintage Kitchen
I don´t know how I missed these last thursday. They are the perfect combination of flavors and size! Fantastic bites Barbara!
I hate being an adult and having to diet. I miss the days when I could just pig out on these things.
These look de-lish. And i just saw that caramel for the first time on Studio 5. Need to get to that store and check out all the yummy stuff! And buy check out, I mean–buy. 😉 (Voted, and you’re in the lead big time. Do you know if you can vote more than once?)
Thanks Katrina – I think you can only vote once. You’re going to love Gygi!
Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella
I would love these cute little bites! And I love how you used Halloween wrappers mum! xxx
WOW, these would be gone in about 3 minutes in my house! They look absolutely phenomenal and totally addicting!
Ohhhh totally pinned this one! I will be making these for my Halloween party!
Hope I can use Kraft Caramels. I dont have Peters Caramels 🙁
Thanks! I think the Kraft Caramels would work well. You may have to add an extra tablespoon of evaporated milk to make it a little thinner.
and nothing is better than brownies and caramel. It is the ultimate combo and I love that these are miniature version because they means I can eat more right? LOL!
My Inner Chick
Oooooo, are you serious? I WANT. I want… X
Rachel @ Bakerita
These look amazing! Can’t wait to try them 🙂 such good ingredients…yummy!
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy
this recipe is down right magnificent!
I love caramel and brownies together, they make the perfect bite! I like that you made bites, you don’t feel like you are eating too much then:-) They look delicious, Hugs, Terra
Molly @ Toffee Bits and Chocolate Chips
I love samoas!! And mixed with Brownies- ooo yum! Can’t wait to try these!
Averie @ Averie Cooks
I think the Girl Scouts need to come to you for advice on how to make cookies. These blow theirs away!! WOW!