This is a great quick dinner recipe from Rachel Ray that the whole family enjoyed. The boys aren’t that fond of cold salads, so I put the carrots in with the pasta for the last minute, warmed up the sauce and chicken, then mixed the drained noodles, sauce, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Delicious!
Chicken Satay Noodle Salad
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots (a generous handful)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup tamari (dark soy sauce) (I used regular soy sauce)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (eyeball it)
- 2 cups skinned and sliced rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Add the carrots in with the pasta for the last minute. Drain and set aside.
While the pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, honey and 1/4 cup warm water. Whisk in the soy sauce, lime juice, hot pepper sauce and garlic. Pour in the oil in a steady stream, whisking to combine.
Heat the sauce in a saucepan until warm. Mix the drained noodles, sauce, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl and top with the peanuts and parsley.