Pancakes made with whole wheat flour, pumpkin puree, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice topped with a sweet maple cinnamon swirl. A perfect pancake for fall.
I had pumpkin puree left over from making pumpkin chocolate chip bread when Recipe Girl tweeted Recipe Boy’s Maple-Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, so I decided to update my Pumpkin Pancake recipe with a fun new swirl.
I made these pancakes quiet a while ago, but decided to wait until fall to share them. This has been a super busy week for me, and with cooler weather finally here, it seemed like the perfect time to share them.[/donotprint]
Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites beaten to soft peaks
Maple Cinnamon Swirl Filling
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter almost melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple Cinnamon Swirl Filling
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, maple syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spoon the filling into a Ziploc baggie and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, oil and egg yolks. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined. Gently fold in beaten egg whites. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Pour ¼ cup batter onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Snip the corner of your baggie of filling and squeeze the filling into the corner. Squeeze the cinnamon filling on top of the pancake batter in a swirl.
- Turn pancakes when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
More pancake recipes you might like:
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, Recipe Girl
Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes, Two Peas and Their Pod
Blueberry Chia Pancakes, Not Quite Nigella
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes, Real Mom Kitchen
Ambika Choudhary Mahajan
That’s such an innovative idea!
Will surely try that out.
Can you suggest me more recipes using cinnamon. (that can be used with the main course)?
Thanks a ton for this one! 🙂
Cinnamon swirl in a pancake? And they are pumpkin pancakes which are so good anyway? These look awesome. And congrats to the family!
Look great. Wonder if you could use almond or coconut flour and make gluten free.
Love wedding picture! Beautiful couple! Congratulations to all!
Congratulations to the happy and beautiful couple! What a proud Momma you must be. It must have been such a wonderful celebration and the weather looked perfect.
I have a recipe for Apple Cinnamon Pancakes but this is the first time I’ve seen Cinnamon Pumpkin and my but don’t they look wonderful!
Congratulations to the beautiful couple and to the proud mother! That is a wonderful shot with the cake 🙂 And wonderful recipe too!
Congratulations on the wedding! I’m sure you were a stunning mother of the groom! And these pancakes are ones I would devour!!
Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking
A lovely couple Barbara, congratulations on the new addition tot he family.
These pancakes are a great fall treat on chili mornings
Rocky Mountain Woman
These are definitely on the menu the next time my grandson comes to visit!
Congrats on a gaining a beautiful new family member!
Yummy looking pancakes–beautiful bride and groom. Congrats.
Our youngest son just got married. I do understand where you are at!
First of all, congratulations!! It looks like it was a beautiful wedding!
And I love this twist on Lori’s pancakes. They sound perfect – especially with the cooling weather!
I make pumpkin pancakes (and many other pumpkin things) regularly, but the cinnamon swirl is a fun addition- I will have to try it! Thank you! And thanks for sharing the wedding picture, such a lovely couple! Congratulations!