Luscious, rich, moist cream cheese bundt pound cake looks as good as it tastes when baked in a pretty bundt cake pan. Pair it with strawberries and cream and you have an irresistible craveable dessert.
One of my favorite recipes for pound cake is a cream cheese pound cake recipe from Epicurious that starts baking in a cold oven. The crumb is moist and tender just like you’d expect from a pound cake, but the cake develops a sugary crust on the outside as it bakes.
This cake was one of the first cakes I blogged about and it was in need of updated pictures. When I bought a huge container of strawberries at Costco this week, my husband decided it was the perfect time bake the cake and update that post with new pictures.
Since I first posted the cake, I purchased half size bundt cake pans. They’re the perfect size cake. We can eat one little bundt cake now, and freeze the other cake for later.
Do you still call it strawberry shortcake even when you’re eating it with pound cake? I know I usually do. 🙂
Here’s the half size cream cheese pound cake recipe. For the full size recipe, visit the original post.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted all purpose flour
- Butter and flour (I like to use non-stick cooking spray with flour) two 6-cup Bundt pans.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add sugar and salt; beat 10 minutes, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Beat in flour at low speed until batter is smooth (do not overbeat). Divide batter evenly between two pans.
- Place pans in cold oven. Set temperature at 200°F; bake 20 minutes. Increase temperature to 250°F; bake 20 minutes. Increase to 275°F; bake 10 minutes. Increase to 300°F; bake cake and additional 10 - 15 minutes until tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on rack 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack; cool completely. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Wrap; store at room temperature.)
*I used 2 3/4 cups sugar to adjust for my altitude. Slightly adapted from Epicurious