Fudgy, brownie like cookies loaded with orange and brown Halloween chocolate chips and topped with colorful Halloween sprinkles from Wilton.
When I saw the orange and chocolate Halloween chocolate chips at the store I couldn’t resist buying them. I also couldn’t resist buying the fun Wilton sprinkles. My Halloween Snickerdoodles with Cinnamon Chips and my Whole Wheat Pumpkin Yeast Waffles got dressed up with Wilton Halloween sprinkles as well.
When you’re using colored chips, they often get hidden in the batter, which is a fun surprise when you bite into a cookie and find orange chips, but I wanted them to look really fun for Halloween, so I added orange, black and purple jimmies to the top. I just poured some of the jimmies in a custard cup and dipped the tops of the cookie dough in the jimmies before baking.
If you want to do some fun Halloween baking, be sure and enter our Ultimate Fall Giveaway for a Wilton Halloween Baking Kit worth $50 and $350 Amazon gift card. Comments must be on the giveaway post to qualify.
I fell in love with these cookies. They taste amazing. I used Lake Champlain Chocolates Unsweetened Cocoa, which added an extra richness to the cookie. Although these aren’t scary Halloween cookies, beware – one cookie is definitely not enough.
Halloween Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups flour all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat liners.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed just until combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop by rounded spoonfuls on to cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges and still be soft in center.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
More Halloween cookies you might like:
Halloween Snickerdoodles with Cinnamon Chips, Barbara Bakes
Trick-Or-Treat Cookies, Not Martha
Halloween Mummy Cookie, Cookin’ Canuck
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Buttercream, Taste & Tell
The Walking Dead Zombie Cookies, Not Quite Nigella
Disclosure: Wilton is providing the Halloween Baking Kit for the giveaway, but did not provide any products to participating bloggers. The bloggers teamed up to giveaway the Amazon gift card. Lake Champlain Chocolates sent me samples of their Unsweetened Cocoa to try. All opinions expressed are always my own.