Turn an ordinary oatmeal cookie in to a spectacular dessert for the holidays. A chewy oatmeal cookie cup filled with rich, creamy butter pecan ice cream then drizzled with hot caramel and sprinkled with crunchy pecans.
This week is cookie week on Barbara Bakes. I’ll be sharing three new cookie recipes I developed for Pillsbury the first of the week. Then on Thursday Deb, Taste & Tell, is sharing a cookie recipe for our Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange. Then I’m ending the week with a giveaway, so be sure and stop by every day this week.
These luscious cookie sundaes are made with the Pillsbury Simply oatmeal cookie dough, so they’re super easy and quick to make. The Pillsbury Simple cookie dough is refrigerated cookie dough with no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. You get the taste of homemade cookies in a quick, convenient pre-made dough.
Just bake the cookies in muffin cups, then create a well in the middle of the cookie so after it cools you can fill it with ice cream.
You could make these cookie cups with other refrigerated dough flavors, just change up the ice cream and toppings to match the cookie dough. The possibilities are endless.
- 1 package Pillsbury Simply Oatmeal refrigerated cookie dough
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- Pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°
- Place sugar on a plate or in a shallow bowl. Take a piece of cookie dough and coat both sides of the cookie dough with the sugar. Flatten it to the size of the bottom of a muffin tin.
- Put each flatten cookie into the bottom of a greased muffin tin.
- Bake 14 minutes until edges are browned. Remove from oven and using small glass cup or the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a well in the center of each cookie. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 4 minutes, or until cookies are firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing the cookies from the muffin tin. Gently run a butter knife around the edges of the cookie to loosen it before removing the cookies.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pillsbury, but all opinions expressed are always my own.