This is an easy, delicious variation of one of our favorite quick, every-day meals, Red Pepper, Garlic and Herb Ravioli. I buy a two pack of fresh ravioli at Sam’s Club or Costco and dinner’s on the table in no time. Earlier in the week I made another of our favorites, Pesto Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Rolls. I had leftover pesto and sun-dried tomatoes, so I decided to incorporate the leftover ingredients into a cream sauce for our ravioli.
I used a light cream cheese and 1% milk, but this sauce is so flavorful you’ll never miss the extra fat. If you’re looking for a quick, delicious week-night meal, give this one a try.
Light Creamy Pesto Ravioli
- 4 oz. light cream cheese Neufchatel
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- dash of red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes diced
- 6 asparagus spears cut in to 1 inch pieces and blanched
- 16 ounces fresh cheese ravioli
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Combine light cream cheese and milk in a small sauce pan and cook over medium heat, whisking until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and add pesto, red pepper, and salt and pepper.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Combine ravioli, sun-dried tomatoes and asparagus in a large bowl and pour sauce over the top, stir gently to combine.
Other ravioli recipes I’d love to try: