Last night I made my favorite quick and easy, grab something at Sam’s Club on the way home, meal. I’m amazed I haven’t posted the recipe on my blog before now, because I seem to make it about once a month. My family loves it and it’s ready within a few minutes after the water comes to a boil.
I found the recipe in Everyday Foods in 2003 and I’ve been making it ever since. I changed it up a little because we love garlic, so I replace the chives with garlic. I sometimes add fresh or dried basil along with the parsley. I also use more pasta than the original recipe. I buy the double package of ravioli at Sam’s Club and that makes just about the right amount for my family of five.
Right now I have fresh parsley in my garden. If I don’t have fresh parsley, I substitute dried. I always serve it with a sprinkle of Italian cheese on top. And of course I had to serve it in my pretty new shell bowl I picked up at Laguna Beach last week. We had a wonderful family vacation at Newport Coast, California. I put some pictures online if you’re interested in checking them out.
Give this one a try the next time you need a simple, but really delicious meal.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 32 ounces fresh cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In small saucepan, heat oil over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add red pepper, garlic and cook 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain, and return to the warm pot.
- Gently toss ravioli with flavored oil, parsley, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.