An easy-to-make, easy-to-eat, bite-size version of a luscious, lemon cheesecake. Mini crispy fillo cups are filled with a smooth, creamy no-bake cheesecake then top with a sweet, tart lemon curd and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
February is national pie month and I thought it would be fun to post several pie recipes this month. I’ve been a little obsessed with the mini fillo cup lately, so first up are these luscious no bake lemon cheesecake bites. I love bite sized desserts and these are super simple to make. If you have a fear of making pie crust, these bites are for you.
I used a pastry bag to make filling the shells with the cheesecake filling easier, but you could just spoon it in as well. Save the little plastic container that the shells are packaged in, so you can use it to transport them to and from the fridge to the counter, or wherever you might be taking them.
You can use jarred lemon curd found in the jam aisle, lemon pie filling or do as I did and make homemade lemon curd. If you’re not a lemon lover, feel free to substitute your favorite cheesecake topping.
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bites
- 2 boxes mini fillo shells 30 shells
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounce cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup lemon curd
- (Optional: Crisp up the fillo shells in a preheated 350° on a baking sheet for 3 - 5 minutes, until golden browned and crispy. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely before filling.)
- In a small mixing bowl, whip heavy cream until it forms soft peaks. In separate mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, lemon juice and sugar until smooth. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fill each shell ⅔ full with the cream cheese mixture. Top each with one to two teaspoons of lemon curd. Chill in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
More recipes you might like:
Blueberry Apple Mini Pies, Barbara Bakes
Whipped Key Lime Curd Tarts, Barbara Bakes
Mini Apple Pies with Streusel Topping, Center Cut Cook
Mini Butterscotch Cream Pies, Lauren’s Latest
Thin Mint Mini Pies, Foodie Crush