A crunchy, creamy, salty, sweet, bite-sized appetizer kicked up a notch with a little cherry jalapeno jelly.
For Thanksgiving I fell in love with the Baked Brie Bites topped with cranberry jelly from A Spicy Perspective. Since the Big Game is this weekend, I thought it would be fun to kick it up a notch and do a cherry jalapeno version.
A couple of years ago, I made a luscious Brie En Croute with a cranberry pepper jelly and candied nuts. These Baked Brie Bites are essentially the same appetizer only in an easy to serve, bite-size portion. And they so much easier to make because they start with frozen fillo shells.
Add these to your menu for the big game. You’ll be glad you did.
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 box mini fillo Shells (15 shells)
- 4 oz. brie cheese, rind removed, cut into cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1/2 cup cherry jalapeno jelly
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Combine the pecans and sugar in a small skillet. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until the sugar starts to liquefy. Continue stirring constantly until the liquid reaches a golden color and coats the nuts.
- Remove from heat and spread candied nuts onto a greased or silpat lined cookie sheet, and allow to cool. Stir occasionally as nuts cool to break up large pieces.
- Place the fillo shells on a baking sheet. Place one piece of brie in each mini fillo shell. Bake for 5 minutes, until the brie is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top melted brie with a spoonful of jelly and candied pecans. Serve warm.
More recipes you might like:
Easy Rocky Road Popcorn, Barbara Bakes
Easy Pizza Monkey Bread, Barbara Bakes
30 Game Day Snacks, Eat Your Heart Out
Game Day Recipes, What’s Gaby Cooking
100 Super Bowl Party Recipe Ideas, Just Us Four
Favorite Football Party Food for the Big Game, 100 Directions