This may be the perfect snack. It’s got something for everyone. It’s a fudgy, crunchy, salty, chocolatey, easy-to-make snack.
I made this for New Year’s Eve and it’s addicting. I left it on the counter in the kitchen, but kept finding reasons to get up, go back in the kitchen and have a little bit more.
Hershey’s spread is the star ingredient in this recipe. I’ve teamed up with Hershey’s to help spread the news about their new chocolate spreads. They come in three flavors, chocolate, chocolate almond, and chocolate hazelnut. I used chocolate in this recipe, but any of the flavors would have been a great choice.
The recipe starts with a bag of microwave popcorn. I always buy the light microwave popcorn with less butter and salt. You could also just pop your own and add a little bit of salt.
After you bring the sugar, corn syrup and butter to a boil in the microwave, you stir in the creamy Hershey’s spread. Then toss the popcorn, marshmallows, and nuts with the chocolate sauce. I had cashews at home that were fantastic in this, but substitute what ever nuts you like.
This would be a perfect snack for the upcoming bowl games, or really any time you want something salty and crunchy, and something sweet and chocolatey together in one snack.
Easy Rocky Road Popcorn
- 1 bag 3 ounces microwave popcorn (I used Smart Pop with less butter and salt)
- ½ cup salted cashew nuts
- ½ cup miniature marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cups Light Corn Syrup
- ½ cup Hershey’s Chocolate Spread
- Pop the bag of popcorn and pour the popped corn out onto a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Remove any unpopped kernels. Mix in nuts and marshmallows.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter, sugar, and corn syrup, stirring every 30 seconds. When mixture comes to a full boil, mix in chocolate spread until well combined. Dollop chocolate mixture evenly over the popcorn. Using a spatula, toss the popcorn to coat it with the chocolate mixture.
Congratulations to Debbie Welchert, the winner of my Hershey’s Spread package giveaway. Hershey’s spreads are available in stores now. For more information about their new spreads, visit Hershey’s Spreads online. You can also follow the hashtag #spreadpossibilites on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for lots of delicious ideas using Hershey’s spreads.
More recipes using Hershey’s spreads you might like:
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Hershey’s, but all opinions expressed are always my own.