Creamy, no-bake orange cheesecake in crisp, flaky mini fillo shells topped with a sweet orange pomegranate topping and garnished with an orange wedge and a maraschino cherry. If you like a tequila sunrise cocktail, I’m sure you’re love this sweet little mini dessert.
Today’s recipe, No-Bake Orange Sunrise Cheesecake Bites, is the third of three fun and fabulous mini dessert recipes I developed for Athens Foods. The other two are Pina Colada Cheesecake Bites and Strawberry Margarita Cheesecake Bites. All three recipes are easy-to-make, but sophisticated enough to serve at your next party.
Athens Mini Fillo Shells come packaged in these nice little trays that make it easy to transport and store the bites in the fridge until you’re ready to plate them and serve them. In fact, you could even serve the bites right out of the trays if your party was a little more casual.
Winter is mandarin orange season in the US, and I decided to use mandarin orange juice in this recipe instead of naval orange juice, because mandarin oranges are consistently more flavorful and sweeter than naval oranges.
The pomegranate juice adds a nice tart contrast to the sweet mandarin orange juice.
All three of these mini cheesecake bites are fantastic on their own, but if you’re having a big New Years Eve party, serve all three easy-to-make mini cheesecake desserts. I’m confident your guests will devour them as quickly as my family did.
Wishing you all a new year filled with wonderful food and fun adventures.
- 2 boxes Athens® Mini Fillo Shells (30 shells)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mandarin orange juice
- 2 teaspoons mandarin orange zest
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup mandarin orange juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 15 maraschino cherries, for garnish
- 15 mandarin orange slices, for garnish
- Prepare mandarin orange topping:
- In a small saucepan, mix together 2 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice and pomegranate juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and is clear. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- (Optional: Crisp up the fillo shells in a preheated 350° on a baking sheet for 3 - 5 minutes, until golden browned and crispy. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely before filling.)
- In a small mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, mandarin orange juice, and orange zest until smooth.
- Fill each shell with the cream cheese mixture. Top each with one to two teaspoons of mandarin orange topping. Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry on a skewer.