Sara from Ms. Adventures in Italy and Michelle from Bleeding Espresso solemnly declare Saturday, February 5th “World Nutella Day 2011″ – a day to celebrate, to get creative with, and most importantly, to EAT Nutella.
The Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Cups I posted earlier in the week were good, really good! But these Peanut Butter and Nutella Cookie Cups are even better. When eating a Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Cup you’ll say mmmmmm, but when you eat a Peanut Butter and Nutella Cookie Cup you’ll say, oh my!
I used our favorite peanut butter cookie recipe, which is a little more fudgy than the PB&J Cookie Cups recipe because it’s made with butter and has twice as much peanut butter. I roll it in turbinado sugar so there is a little bit of crunch on the outside, which is a wonderful contrast to the fudgy cookie and smooth creamy Nutella middle. Oh My!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- Turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw), optional
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the peanut butter and continue beating on low speed. Add the sifted dry ingredients and beat until just blended.
- Form dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll balls in turbinado sugar. Place each ball in a cup of a greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are browned and crackled, the centers will not be completely set.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and using the end of a thick-handled wooden spoon make a small, deep well in the center of each cookie and fill with Nutella. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of Nutella.
- Transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 135mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Protein: 4g
Chewy Nutella & Oatmeal Bar Recipe for World Nutella Day Cookin’ Canuck
Nutella Cream Pie Lauren’s Latest
Chocolate Nutella Cookies Two Peas and Their Pod
Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Bread Barbara Bakes
Orange Nutella Pinwheel Cookie Barbara Bakes
Banana Nutella Bread Barbara Bakes