These Red, White & Blue Berry Puff Pastry Parfaits are super easy to make. Just layer some lightly sweetened strawberries, raspberries and blueberries with a creamy, rich whipped cream cream cheese mixture, and top it with a flaky, sweet puff pastry star.
One of my favorite things about summer is the great berry desserts. This fun red, white and blue dessert is a great summer time dessert, and perfect for the 4th of July. My family and I loved these parfaits so much, that when I went to visit my brother in Alaska a few days later, I made it for his family too.
My daughter, grandson and I had fun making the puff pastry stars. We cut out big stars, medium size stars, and tiny little stars. I used the medium size stars for the pictures, but we ate all of the stars. We all liked using the stars as a spoon to scoop up the luscious cream. Feel free to use any size star you’d like.
We also made red, white and blue stars. The white stars were my favorite. The red stars looked a little bit pink after they were baked. The blue stars baked up to be a little bit of an ugly blue green color, so they didn’t make it in to any of the pictures. Although they were quickly gobbled up.
We made some of the parfaits in sundae cups, others in mini trifle dishes, and some we made in mason jars. They were super cute and super fun no matter how they were served.
It’s such a light, refreshing dessert. I’m going to make it again for our annual family 4th of July barbecue this year. I hope you’ll give it a try too, you’ll be glad you did.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 egg
- sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Beat the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in the cream. Add the vanilla and beat until the filling is light and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut the strawberries in to bite size pieces. In a medium bowl, mix strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar. Let rest 20 minutes. Gently stir in blueberries and raspberries.
- Unfold puff pastry. Using a floured star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out stars. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Whisk egg with 1 tablespoon water. Use a pastry brush and lightly coat stars with egg wash. Sprinkle with sanding sugar
- Bake 10 minutes until puffy and golden brown.
- To serve: put berries in the bottom of a serving dish, top with whipped cream cream cheese mixture, and a star puff pastry.
More 4th of July recipes you might like: