Not your ordinary muffin, these muffins are sinfully delicious with a luscious, moist, rich cinnamon filling then crowned with a streusel topping and a sweet glaze. These would be a wonderful way to start your Easter morning.
This Simply Sinful Cinnamon Muffin recipe is one of many great recipes on the King Arthur Flour website. I’ve posted before how much I love the King Arthur Flour Fudge Brownies and their Double-Dutch Dark Cocoa. So when King Arthur invited me to partner with them, I chose to bake this cinnamon muffin recipe because I’ve been wanting to try their Baker’s Cinnamon Filling mix.
The mix is often featured in the King Arthur Flour catalog that comes in the mail, and I’ve thought of ordering it more than once. If you don’t receive their catalog, you should sign up. I love getting it in the mail. It’s great inspiration if I’m looking for recipes ideas, new ingredients to try, or gadgets I “need” in my kitchen.
In addition to the Baker’s Cinnamon Filling, King Arthur Flour also sent me a coupon for a free bag of flour at the supermarket and a cookie scoop. If you’re not using a large cookie scoop to portion out your muffins, you really need to get one and give it a try. A scoop makes it so much easier.
This recipe make huge, pretty, almost overflowing muffins. I even put a tray underneath the muffin pan just in case they did overflow. Unlike other cinnamon fillings, this filling stays thick and moist. I only used a portion of the bag they sent me, so I’m looking forward to using it in some cinnamon rolls in the near future.
I thought the topping needed to be sweeter, but my daughter said, “No they’re perfect. I wouldn’t change a thing.” If you’d like to bake these perfect muffins at home, King Arthur Flour has also offered to giveaway a cookie scoop, a bag of Baker’s Cinnamon Filling, and a coupon for a free bag of flour at the supermarket to one lucky Barbara Bakes’ reader. Details on how you can enter the giveaway are at the bottom of the post.
Simply Sinful Cinnamon Muffins
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup diced pecans I subbed almonds
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- ½ cup Baker's Cinnamon Filling mix*
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- ½ cup 1 stick butter, melted
- ¾ cup milk room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons Signature Secrets r Culinary Thickener or cornstarch
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg I subbed cinnamon
- ½ cup cinnamon chips or butterscotch chips
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake papers, or grease it lightly.
- Prepare the topping by mixing the ingredients together until crumbly. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling by mixing the Baker's Cinnamon Filling with enough water to make filling with a soft, pudding-like consistency. Set it aside.
- To make the batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, and eggs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, including the chips. Add the dry mixture to the liquid, stirring just until combined.
- Divide half the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Dollop 2 teaspoons cinnamon filling onto each muffin, then top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle with topping, pressing it in lightly.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they're golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and wait 5 minutes before transferring them from the pan to a rack to cool.
The giveaway is now closed.
Disclosure: I was sent a free cookie scoop, a bag of Baker’s Cinnamon Filling, and a coupon for a free bag of flour at the supermarket, but all opinions expressed are always my own.
Follow via Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/brianpiero/
Thanks for the giveaway…our kids love anything baked with cinnamon !
joseph gersch jr
the cinnamon fillling sounds so yummy
Pinterest follower (pauline1501)
I was so happy to see your flour at Target! I have much easier access to one of my baking staples!
I am an email subscriber (firstname.lastname@example.org)
I Follow Barbara Bakes on Pinterest – Vikki Billings (Vikkilyn)
I Follow @BarbaraBakes on Twitter (@VikkiBillings)
I love to bake and would love to win!!
Google reader subscriber
Have found King Arthur products to be of exceptional quality and value and I’m sure the “Baker’s Cinnamon Filling” will only enhance their reputation. However, I don’t have this product… so, I’m making these muffins using the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Those muffins look delicious!!
I subscribe to barbara bakes
asketcher2 at hotmail.com
I follow barbara bakes on twitter
I love the cinnamon muffins, they sound delicious.
I subscribe to Barbara Bakes 🙂
Can’t wait to make these, they look delicious!
They *look* absolutely sinful–I love thick and moist fillings! Thanks for sharing, Barbara! I can’t wait to try these for my next brunch potluck.