If you’re a Milky Way candy bar lover like me, you’re going to love these Triple Chocolate Milky Way Cookies. They’re a chewy chocolate cookie loaded with chocolate chips and chopped Milky Way Minis.
Ever since I was a kid my favorite candy bar was the Milky Way. I hated nuts growing up. So while my siblings were crazy for Snickers, I loved that Milky Way was loaded with caramel and had no nuts.
I wanted the cookies to be loaded with Milky Ways so I made some with Milky Ways pressed into the top of the cookies. However, the cookie looks prettier if you just hide a piece of a Mini inside the cookie.
Baking Tip: When you’re baking with cocoa powder, it’s important to sift it. Cocoa tends to have little clumps of cocoa that won’t mix in easily with the flour. So I always sift my cocoa in a fine mesh strainer before mixing it with the flour. It only takes a few minutes and helps the batter come together quickly and easily.
If you can’t find the Milky Way Minis, substitute any size Milky Way bars and cut them into bite size pieces. I like to use kitchen shears to cut the candy bars.
I made these cookies for a family camping trip recently and they were a big hit with my family. I’m sure your family will love these Triple Chocolate Milky Way Cookies too.
Triple Chocolate Milky Way Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups flour all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa sifted
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 package 8 ounce Milky Way Bites
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat liners.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop by rounded scoops on to cookie sheets. Cut a Milk Way Bites into three pieces and press into the top of each scoop. Alternative, hide a piece of a Milky Way Mini in the center of the scoop of cookie dough.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until edges are set, but still soft in center.
- Let cookies cool on the cookie tray for five minutes. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
World Peace Cookie, Barbara Bakes
Black Forest Crinkle Cookies, Barbara Bakes
Chocolate Marshmallow Surprise Cookies, Barbara Bakes
Nutella Cheesecake Chocolate Cookie Cups, Life, Love and Sugar
Levain Bakery Chocolate Cookie Copycat Recipe, Love From The Oven
Barbara, your cookies look deeply chocolatey and with one cup of cocoa powder I can see why. I am going to try these very soon…I know my son woukd love them!
So chocolately! Enjoy Marcellina 🙂
These Milky Way Cookies are next on my to be baked list. I wanted to ask about the photo with the vanilla extract with the vanilla beans in the jar…did you make your own, or is that store bought? If bought, what is the brand on the bottle? Thank you!
Hi Kim – isn’t that an awesome bottle. The vanilla is Lágrima Pure Vanilla Extract https://lagrima.com/collections/frontpage/products/pure-vanilla-extract-200ml I have to admit I do refill the bottle with cheaper vanilla from time to time. I bought it at Gygi https://www.gygi.com/ Enjoy the cookies!
Thanks so much ! =)
I do love Snickers bars but I wouldn’t pass up a Milky Way either. It’s that chocolate caramel thing I guess. I bet my 2 grandsons would love these….as would we! I have no doubt there were some smiling faces when these were passed around on your camping trip. 🙂