A cross between a turtle candy and a peanut butter cookie in a fun new cookie cup shape.
Pillsbury challenged me to create a holiday twist on their Peanut Blossom cookie. The addition of a Milk Chocolate Caramel ROLO candy and a crunchy pecan takes the classic Peanut Blossom cookie to a whole new level.
My grandson helped me make the cookies. His job was rolling the dough in sugar, and unwrapping the Rolos. He did a good job rolling the dough in the sugar, but unwrapping the Rolos was more difficult. Not because he couldn’t unwrap the Rolos, but because he couldn’t resist popping the Rolo in his mouth as soon as it was unwrapped.
His mom and I thought it was pretty funny until he had quickly popped four in this mouth in a row. Then we had to put him in charge of counting out pecans.
Sometimes you need a simple, easy dessert that’s ready in a flash. These cookies are made with the Pillsbury Simply peanut butter cookie dough so they’re super easy and quick to make. The Pillsbury Simple cookie dough is refrigerated cookie dough with no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. You get the taste of homemade cookies in a quick, convenient pre-made dough.
I ate more than my share of these cookies. The first ingredient in the dough is brown sugar, and it gives these cookies that chewy homemade cookie texture my family loves.
If you don’t have a mini muffin pan, you can bake them on a cookie sheet. Also, if you wanted to just bake up a couple cookies at a time, the Simply refrigerated dough gives you built in portion control. If you can’t find the Pillsbury Simple Peanut Butter cookie dough or prefer to make your own dough, Pillsbury also has a from scratch Peanut Blossom cookie recipe you could use.
Turtle Peanut Blossom Cookie Cups
- 1 package Pillsbury Simply Peanut Butter refrigerated cookie dough
- ¼ cup sugar
- 24 ROLO Caramels in Milk Chocolate
- 24 pecan halves
- Heat oven to 350°
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut each cookie dough round in half so you have 24 halves. Shape each half into a ball. Roll in sugar.
- Put each ball into a cup of a greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake 12 minutes until edges are browned and middle is set.
- Remove from oven and place a Rolo on top of each cookie. Wait three minutes for the Rolo to soften and then press a pecan on top of each Rolo, flattening the Rolo.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan. Loosen the edges of the cookies and remove to a wire rack to cool.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pillsbury, but all opinions expressed are always my own.