Tonight we tried one of the 2007 Pillsbury Bake-off recipes Thai Chicken Burritos. I thought it was a great recipe. It was easy to make with ingredients I had in my pantry. My husband and I both gave it a thumbs up. The kids weren’t as crazy about it. It may have been too spicy for them.
Update: I have made this many times since I first posted it and now we all love it. My son even requested it the other day.
- 1/2 cup uncooked basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky medium salsa
- 1/3 cup JIF® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos (from 11-oz package)
- 6 tablespoons Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky medium salsa
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- Cook rice in water as directed on package, omitting butter, if called for.
- In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix chili powder and ginger. Add chicken; seal bag and shake until chicken is evenly coated.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in 1 cup salsa, the peanut butter, teriyaki sauce, water and brown sugar.. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in cooked rice; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken filling on each warm tortilla to within 1 inch of edge of tortilla. Fold sides of tortilla toward center; fold ends over. Place burritos, folded sides down, on serving plate. Top each with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
adapted from Pillsbury
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!