This is an easy, delicious variation of one of our favorite quick, every-day meals, Red Pepper, Garlic and Herb Ravioli. I buy a two pack of fresh ravioli at Sam’s Club or Costco and dinner’s on the table in no time. Earlier in the week I made another of our favorites, Pesto Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Rolls. I had leftover pesto and sun-dried tomatoes, so I decided to incorporate the leftover ingredients into a cream sauce for our ravioli.
I used a light cream cheese and 1% milk, but this sauce is so flavorful you’ll never miss the extra fat. If you’re looking for a quick, delicious week-night meal, give this one a try.
- 4 oz. light cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- dash of red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 6 asparagus spears, cut in to 1 inch pieces and blanched
- 16 ounces fresh cheese ravioli
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil. Combine light cream cheese and milk in a small sauce pan and cook over medium heat, whisking until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and add pesto, red pepper, and salt and pepper. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Combine ravioli, sun-dried tomatoes and asparagus in a large bowl and pour sauce over the top, stir gently to combine.
Other ravioli recipes I’d love to try:
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!