Juicy, cheesy turkey burger sliders dripping with a creamy avocado spread and fresh tomato bruschetta.
Not too long ago Cache Valley sent me a cookbook they’d created from their Cache Valley® Signature Recipe Contest which included my recipe, Creamy Cashew Chicken Puffs (Vols-au-Vents), which won 3rd place. It also included the recipe for the delicious burger, Bruschetta Turkey Burgers with Zesty Avocado Spread, that won the Grand Prize.
My daughter bought a slider set at Sur La Table that includes a press and a mini-burger basket that grills nine little burgers at a time. I changed up the recipe a bit and made cute little sliders.
This is a perfect burger for your next tailgating party and a great way to use the fantastic late summer tomatoes from your garden or local farmers market.
- 1Avocado Spread:
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Italian Shredded Cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 slider rolls
- Mix together avocado, mayonnaise, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Mix together tomatoes, garlic, basil, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together ground turkey, shredded cheese and garlic. Form mixture into twelve small patties. Grill patties until center reads 170° F on an instant read thermometer.
- Brush melted butter onto ciabatta rolls. Grill rolls, buttered side down, until toasted.
- When toasted, spread bottom half of the roll with Avocado Spread. Top with a cooked turkey burger, bruschetta, and finally the top half of the ciabatta roll. Serve immediately.