Juicy, cheesy turkey burger sliders dripping with a creamy avocado spread and fresh tomato bruschetta.
Not too long ago Cache Valley sent me a cookbook they’d created from their Cache Valley® Signature Recipe Contest which included my recipe, Creamy Cashew Chicken Puffs (Vols-au-Vents), which won 3rd place. It also included the recipe for the delicious burger, Bruschetta Turkey Burgers with Zesty Avocado Spread, that won the Grand Prize.
My daughter bought a slider set at Sur La Table that includes a press and a mini-burger basket that grills nine little burgers at a time. I changed up the recipe a bit and made cute little sliders.
This is a perfect burger for your next tailgating party and a great way to use the fantastic late summer tomatoes from your garden or local farmers market.
- 1Avocado Spread:
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Italian Shredded Cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 slider rolls
- Mix together avocado, mayonnaise, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Mix together tomatoes, garlic, basil, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together ground turkey, shredded cheese and garlic. Form mixture into twelve small patties. Grill patties until center reads 170° F on an instant read thermometer.
- Brush melted butter onto ciabatta rolls. Grill rolls, buttered side down, until toasted.
- When toasted, spread bottom half of the roll with Avocado Spread. Top with a cooked turkey burger, bruschetta, and finally the top half of the ciabatta roll. Serve immediately.
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!