A bundt cake version of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread. It’s moist, tender and loaded with the sweet, delicious flavors of fall. Perfect with your morning coffee, for an after school snack, or it’s sweet enough to serve for dessert.
One of my family’s favorite quick breads is Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread. We’re happy to eat it all year round, but I especially love baking it in the fall. I made these half size bundts to take to a luncheon. It was a small group, so I knew they’d never eat a big bundt. My family was happy to have a little bundt cake all to themselves too.
I use a #16 ice cream scoop to help portion out the batter. It’s less messy and helps me divide the batter evenly between the pans. I like to use mini chocolate chips so you get more chocolate in every bite, but regular chocolate chips work as well.
This is a perfect cake for fall. You’ll love the spicy smell while it’s baking.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, soften
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (16 ounce) pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 2 half size or a full size Bundt pan. (I like to use the non-stick spray with flour.)
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about two minutes. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add the pumpkin and mix until combine.
- Add the dry ingredients mixing just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan(s). Bake half size Bundt for 35 - 40 minutes; full size Bundt for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes on a wire rack. After 5 minutes invert onto wire rack. Let cool completely before serving.
I also love using scoops for making cookies, muffins and cupcakes. If you don’t have scoops at home, order some. You’ll be glad you did.