Pumpkin brownies are a great fall dessert, and these fun, luscious, quick and easy Halloween Pumpkin Brownies start with a boxed brownie mix, so they come together in a flash. Add your favorite Halloween or fall toppings and enjoy!
It’s hard to believe that it’s already time to start thinking about Halloween. The good news is that this just might be the easiest recipe for Halloween brownies you’ll find. So even if things are hectic and busy, you’ll have time to put together a tray of these crowd-pleasing bites.
Update: It’s time for spooky treats again! So we’ve updated the post with a video and tips for making our easy pumpkin brownie recipe. Enjoy!
How to Make Pumpkin Brownies for Halloween
These brownies are a combination of pumpkin chocolate chip bread and fudgy chocolate brownies. They have the moist texture of a pumpkin chocolate chip bread but the rich, chocolate, fudgy flavor brownie lovers crave.
This is also a seven-ingredient recipe that requires one bowl and about 5 minutes of prep time. So it’s a dream of a short-cut recipe for this busy time of year. Plus, no one will have the slightest idea that there’s brownie mix in your pumpkin brownies.
Originally I used the Chocolate Supreme mix from Ghirardelli, which includes a syrup packet, but you can use any brownie mix you like. I often use the Costco Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix as well, which includes chocolate chips in the mix.
If you’re wondering if you can make this recipe 100% from scratch, you certainly cause your favorite brownie recipe. If you do, just cut the oil in half. The pumpkin adds so much moisture that you won’t need it!
Serving & Storing Pumpkin Brownies
You want to be careful not to overbake the brownies, to keep them moist and fudgy. Check them with a toothpick before your timer beeps. It should have a few crumbs stuck when you remove it from the center of the brownies.
After letting them cool fully, you can store the treats in an airtight container on the counter for up to two days. After that, pop them into the freezer, where they’ll stay fresh for up to three months. Simply let the frozen brownies defrost on the counter for several hours before serving.
More Halloween Treats
Don’t stop at pumpkin brownies this year! This recipe is so easy to make, why not add one (or several) of these other delightful holiday treats to the table:
- This Halloween Movie Night Board is packed with everyone’s favorite treats, from sweet to savory. It’s the perfect stay-at-home alternative to trick-or-treating.
- Halloween Cinder Cake features creamy orange sherbet and light whipped cream on a Halloween Oreo cookie crust.
- Pressure Cooker Orange Marble Cheesecake from Pressure Cooker Today is the perfect Instant Pot dessert recipe for October
- Halloween Crispy Treats is another quick and easy treat to make with kids.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Spider Cookies from All Day I Dream About Food are low carb, sugar-free, nutty, and spooky cookies that look back at you!
Easy Halloween Pumpkin Brownies
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package 18.75 oz. brownie mix*
- 1 package 10 oz. Halloween chocolate chips
- Halloween sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 9×9 pan with foil, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice until blended. Mix in brownie mix and stir until blended. Mix in ½ of the package of chocolate chips. Spread in prepared pan.
- Top batter with remaining chocolate chips and Halloween sprinkles.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, until edges pull away from the pan. Do not overbake.
- *I used Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme
If you’re looking for fun, easy Halloween desserts, give these Halloween Pumpkin Brownies a try. But Beware! These fudgy pumpkin brownies are dangerously addictive.