Pumpkin brownies are a great fall dessert, and these fun, luscious, quick and easy Halloween Pumpkin Brownies start with a boxed brownie mix, so they come together in a flash.
Now that fall is here, it’s time to start thinking about Halloween desserts. And Halloween desserts don’t get much easier or delicious than this easy recipe for Halloween Pumpkin Brownies.
How to Make Pumpkin Brownies for Halloween
These brownies are a combination of pumpkin chocolate chip bread and fudgy chocolate brownies. They have the moist texture of a pumpkin chocolate chip bread but the rich, chocolate, fudgy flavor brownie lovers crave.
I’ve dressed up box mix brownies for Halloween with fun, colorful Halloween sprinkles and Halloween Chocolate Chips. The Halloween Chips are a combination of semi-sweet chocolate chips and orange chips.
Update: I haven’t seen the Nestle Halloween Chocolate Chips at the market this year. Nestle does have an orange Pumpkin Spice chip that you could substitute. Orange M&M’s would be a great substitute as well.
If you’re looking for fun, easy Halloween desserts, give these Halloween Pumpkin Brownies a try. But Beware! These fudgy brownies are dangerously addictive.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (18.75 oz.) brownie mix*
- 1 package (10 oz.) Halloween chocolate chips
- Halloween sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 9x9 pan with foil, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice until blended. Mix in brownie mix and stir until blended. Mix in 1/2 of the package of chocolate chips. Spread in prepared pan.
- Top batter with remaining chocolate chips and Halloween sprinkles.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, until edges pull away from the pan. Do not overbake.
*I used Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme
More Easy Halloween Desserts you might like:
Halloween Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn, Barbara Bakes
Halloween Crispy Treats, Barbara Bakes
Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookies, Barbara Bakes
Four Ingredient Halloween Treats, Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Halloween Fudge, Crazy for Crust