These Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies come together in a flash. This easy-to-make 3 ingredient pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe makes the perfect low fat snack or healthier dessert.
I originally posted this Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe in 2008, when I’d only been blogging a few months. At the time, I was craving dessert but wanted one that was lower in calories and fat.
I came across this recipe, one I had saved but never made. The recipe was given to me by a neighbor and it’s slightly adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe.
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Notes
These pumpkin cookies are only 92 calories, and it would have been a good choice if I hadn’t eaten so many. All the cookies were gone by the next day and no one seemed to miss the fat. It’s a soft, cakey cookie and I thought they were better tasting the second day. They were more tender and soft.
The pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are made from a boxed cake mix. My grocery store didn’t have a spice cake mix when I remade them to update this post, so I bought and use a carrot cake mix instead. It was a fun addition and you can see the little bits of “carrot” in the cookies.
If you want to make a more traditional pumpkin chocolate chip recipe, I’ve also posted my sister’s favorite Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Or go for a really decadent dessert and make Jocelyn’s Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Donuts!
- 1 box spice or carrot cake mix - dry
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large mixing bowl, mix together cake mix and pumpkin just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop by rounded scoops on to greased or parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until edges and center are set, but still soft in center. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 43Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g