Moist, tender, spicy pumpkin bread studded with semi-sweet chocolate chips baked in cute little Halloween wrappers in a fun, little, poppable bite size.
Last year I was out shopping shortly after Halloween and bought these cute little Halloween mini cupcake liners on clearance for only $1. I put them in the cupboard to save for next year, and of course promptly forget about them. Luckily, when I was hunting through the cupboard looking for cupcake liners for my Whole Wheat Pumpkin Cranberry Streusel Muffins I came across these cute liners.
I left them on the counter for several days debating what to bake, but my family can’t get enough of my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread , so I decided to make some cute little pumpkin chocolate chip bites.
I used my last bag of the fun Halloween orange and brown chocolate chips. I tried to buy another bag at the store last week, but they were sold out. If they’re sold out in your area, no worries. They’d be just as delicious with regular semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bites
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter soften
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 16 oz can of pure pumpkin
- 1 ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray miniature muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or use mini muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about two minutes. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add the pumpkin and mix until well combine.
- Add the dry ingredients mixing just until combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full with batter. (I used a #50 scoop.)
- Bake 10 to 11 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 1 minute before transferring bites to a wire rack. (Bake 35-40 minutes for the mini loaves.)
Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Pancakes, Barbara Bakes
Pumpkin Fantail Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Icing, Barbara Bakes
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, Hungry Couple
Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins, Sally’s Baking Addiction
Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins, Damn Delicious
Easy Pumpkin Swirl Chocolate Brownies, The Comfort of Cooking
Pumpkin Roll, Gimme Some Oven