I loved the new Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses as a filling in my Candy Corn Macarons, so I thought it would be fun to use them in a cookie for 12 weeks of Christmas Cookies. Since pumpkin and chocolate is a match made in heaven, I decided to adapt the Chocolate Caramel Rolo Cookie recipe and hide a Pumpkin Spice Kiss inside instead of a Rolo.
I was really pleased with the results. The Pumpkin Spice Kisses are much softer than a regular Hershey’s Kiss and they melted inside the cookie very nicely, especially if you put the Kiss tip side down. I used King Arthur Flour Double-Dutch Cocoa which gives the cookies a gorgeous dark color and rich chocolate flavor.
This is going to be a great addition to my cookie platters. I’m sure the Kiss will be an unexpected spicy, but sweet surprise.
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Kiss Cookies
- 2 ½ cups flour all purpose flour flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 48 Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses unwrapped
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture; blend well. If necessary, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 375°F. For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kiss, covering completely.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. (I always bake cookies on parchment paper.)
- Bake at 375° for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
Be sure and check out all of the scrumptious cookies the other 12 weeks of Christmas Cookies bakers baked up this week.
If you’d like to participate weekly in our 12 weeks of Christmas Cookies posts, we’d love to have you join us and add your cookie recipe links. April, Abbys Sweets, is the group’s founder, you can contact her at aprilsattic at comcast dot net to join.