These 6 Cheese Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are a perfect addition to your next holiday party. Button mushrooms stuffed with sausage and 6 Cheese Italian finely shredded cheese, then baked until they’re tender and golden brown.
I’ve teamed up with Cache Valley Cheese to create these wonderful 6 Cheese Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms. My husband is crazy about stuffed mushrooms and he’s crazy about this recipe. I think you will be too.
Cache Valley Cheese has been producing great cheeses for over 75 years. I’ve been buying their cheese for as long as I can remember.
I’m a huge fan of their sliced Gouda cheese. My 5 year old grandson even asks for a chicken panini with gouda for lunch. A couple of years ago, I created a Creamy Cashew Chicken Puffs (Vols-au-Vents) recipe using Cache Valley Gouda for a Cache Valley cheese recipe contest and won!
My first ideas was to use gouda in my stuffed mushroom recipe, but when I saw their finely shredded 6 Cheese Italian Cheese at the market, I knew that would be the perfect addition to my recipe.
The original sausage stuffed mushroom recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law. She uses mozzarella cheese, which is also a great choice because it melts so well.
I changed up the recipe adding Italian seasoning, country style sausage and extra cheese and parsley on top to give it a prettier presentation. You can’t really go wrong with extra cheese right!
My husband likes to snack on the bits of cheese that fall off onto the tray and get crispy as they bake. Be sure and line the baking tray with parchment paper for easier clean up. You could also use a Silpat or aluminum foil.
You’re going to love how easy these mushrooms are to make. Although 32 mushrooms may sound like a lot, but you’ll be amazed at how fast they disappear!
Wishing you and all those you love a very happy new year!
6 Cheese Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 32 white button mushrooms
- ½ lb ground country style sausage
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Cache Valley 6-Cheese Italian finely shredded cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, a Silpat or aluminum foil.
- Use a damp paper towel to remove any dirt from the mushrooms. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium- high heat, breaking it up as it browns. When browned, add chopped mushrooms stems to skillet and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and ¾ cup cheese.
- Fill mushrooms with stuffing and place on baking sheet. Top each mushroom with a pinch of cheese and a sprinkle of parsley.
- Bake 10 - 15 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and cheese on top is golden brown.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Cache Valley , but all opinions expressed are always my own. You can also find Cache Valley Cheese on Facebook.