Thin, tender crepes wrapped around a smooth, rich, creamy chocolate filling and sweet sliced bananas, then topped with swirls of whipped cream and finished with a sprinkling of grated chocolate. A decadent breakfast for a special occasion or to make any day a special occasion.
I have such fond memories of eating crepes in Paris. They sell them from street carts just like you’d find hot dogs carts in New York City. Late one night while we were out exploring the city I bought my favorite crepe; a huge crepe filled with a chocolate hazelnut spread. The crepe was warm and the chocolate soft and melting. It was folded in quarters and luckily wrapped in paper or the chocolate would have dripped all over my hands. My husband and I shared it, but I found myself wishing we’d each bought one so I could eat the entire crepe myself.
Chocolate filled crepes are super easy and fun to make. Just use a good non-stick pan for cooking the crepes and spray it with non-stock cooking spray.
When you’ve cooked all the crepes, slather some chocolate spread down the center of the crepe. I used a spatula to spread the chocolate. It spreads easily, especially if the crepe is still warm. Layer on some sliced bananas. Roll it up and top it with some whipped cream and grated chocolate. The whipped cream and grated chocolate are optional, but really do make it look special.
I’ve teamed up with Hershey’s for this post, to help spread the news about their new chocolate spreads. They come in three flavors, chocolate, chocolate almond, and chocolate hazelnut. My kids don’t like Nutella so I used the Hershey’s chocolate spread for them and the Hershey’s Chocolate Hazelnut spread for my husband and myself.
I’ve been saving the spreads in the box Hershey’s sent them to me in, so that no one would use them up before I’ve had a chance to experiment with them. I’ve been dreaming up so many fun ideas to help them spread the possibilities, so stay tuned.
Chocolate Banana Crepes
- 2 tablespoons butter melted and cooled slightly
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- Hersehey’s Chocolate Spread
- 6 bananas
- Heat milk and butter in the microwave in a glass or plastic measuring cup or bowl or in a small saucepan, just until butter melts.
- Add warmed milk and melted butter, eggs, vanilla, sugar, and salt to blender jar, cover and blend until smooth. Add flour and blend until smooth.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a large bowl and strain out any lumps.
- Heat an 8-inch non-stick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat and lightly coat with butter or cooking spray. For each crepe, pour ¼ cup batter into the center of the skillet and immediately rotate the pan until the batter covers the bottom of the skillet in a thin layer. Cook until light brown and the top begins to dry out, approximately 1 minute. Flip and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Repeating with remaining batter. Stack completed crepes on a plate. (If your crepes are sticking together, put wax paper between the crepes.) You can put crepes in a 200º oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Spread chocolate spread down the center of each crepe and top with sliced bananas. Roll up and serve with whipped cream and grated chocolate, optional.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Hershey’s, but all opinions expressed are always my own.
More crepe recipes you might like:
Lemon Ricotta Crepes, Barbara Bakes
Strawberry Crepes, Barbara Bakes
Blueberry Sauce Crepes with Honey Whipped Cream, Diethood
Creamy Lemon Blueberry Crepes, Picky Palate
Crepes with Mascarpone Cream and Balsamic Strawberries, Completely Delicious
they look yummy!
Now this is a recipe my whole family can agree on!
Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles
Yummmmmm…I want one of these right now!!
Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella
I’m a huge fan of crepes too mum! 😀 Love the presentation of these crepes! xxx
Barbara those are just heavenly looking!
Oh yum, I’d love these to be in front of me right now!
I want these for breakfast and dessert!
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef
When I’m in Paris I can’t go by one of those stands without having to get a crepe. In the winter it’s chestnuts. I’m hopeless.
I love your chocolate banana crepes. Even better than une crêpe beurre-sucre. 🙂
I just posted crêpes, but used cherries and crème fraîche, but chocolate and bananas are on my list for my chocoholics. What a pretty presentation.
I love crepes!! There was a restaurant my grandma used to take me to growing up and we would both order the crepes. I’ll never forget that!
Aimee @ Simple Bites
A warm chocolate-filled crepe is one of my favourite memories of Paris, also. =) Thanks for the reminder!
Alison @ Ingredients, Inc
OMG these look amazing
I would love to have these for breakfast!
Sharing on Google+ and Pinterest!
I could go for a huge plate of these right now.
Meagan @ A Zesty Bite
These crepes remind me of my visit to Europ
e! Crepes with chocolate are a must.
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent
These look amazing! I’m transported to Paris and am enjoying these wonderful treats 🙂 I don’t even think I would mind if they were messy.
Obviously, I adore crepes, but chocolate, bananas and whipped cream seems so utterly American to me and so wonderful! It reminds me of the best dessert in the best diner. And oooh I would much rather have Hershey’s than Nutella any day. Lovely!
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar
Dang, these look soooo good!!
What gorgeously festive crepes!
Ali @ Inspiralized
I have no words – these just look so incredible!!