Zucchini bread made with silky smooth Dove dark chocolate, baked in little bite size servings and glaze with more luscious dark chocolate. A rich, decadent way to eat your veggies.
This is the last of three recipes that I created for DOVE Chocolate this summer using Dove Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate. If you missed the first two recipes, Easy Brownie Cake Pops and Chocolate Covered Key Lime Cheesecake Bites, you need to check them out. All three recipes are fabulous.
These scrumptious little bites are easy to make and only take 12 minutes to bake, unlike a big loaf of zucchini bread that can take over an hour to bake.
My husband often does the slicing and dicing in the kitchen, and he grated the zucchini to make these bites. He used a fine grater and you almost couldn’t tell there was zucchini in the bites when they were baked, but the bread still had the moist, delicious texture of zucchini bread.
I melted half of the Dove dark chocolate to use in the zucchini bread, and saved the other half of the chocolates to create a shiny chocolate ganache to ice the bites.
The cute little size is fun to eat, and easy to share. Serve these at your next summer get together and your guests won’t be able to resist them.
- 1 bag (9.5 oz) Dove Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini*
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray miniature muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or use mini muffin liners.
- In a microwave safe dish, heat 1/2 package of chocolates about 18 pieces on 50% power for 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30-second intervals on 50% power until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until well blended. Mix in cooled chocolate. Add sour cream and mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Mix in zucchini.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter. (I used a #50 scoop.)
- Bake 12 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool before glazing.
- Put remaining half package of chocolates in a small glass bowl and set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine heavy cream and corn syrup; microwave heavy cream just until it starts to boil, about 30 seconds.
- Pour over the chocolate; set aside for 3 minutes. Whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 seconds at 50% power.
- Dip the tops of the bites in the chocolate to glaze.
*Tip: I like to use a salad spinner to spin out excess water in the zucchini. You could also wrap it in towel and squeeze out excess water.
Compensation was provided by DOVE® Dark Chocolate via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Dove or Momtrends.