Cinnamon Coffee Cake is flavorful cake that comes together quickly and the house smells amazing while it bakes.
This cake is everything you’d want in a cinnamon coffee cake bundt cake. It is all kinds of cinnamony, moist and tasty.
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Cinnamon coffee cakes are fun to serve for either breakfast, brunch or dessert. It would be great to bake for a gathering or some type of shower.
It not only tastes delightful but it looks pretty too. I love the thick cinnamon layer and the tenderness of the cake. Everyone will enjoy this cake and will be begging for seconds.
- This comes together quickly!
- Mix together your dry ingredients and you wet and then stir them all together.
- Mix up some brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Layer the batter with the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and bake.
- Let it cool a bit before removing from the pan and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
People enjoy eating a sweet cake with a fresh cup of coffee, hot chocolate or tea. While the cake contains no actual coffee the two do pair nicely together.
This is a personal preference as to serve a cinnamon coffee cake warm or at room temperature. I think it tastes incredible warm. You can either eat it fresh from the oven or microwave it to get the desired temperature.
If your coffee cake turns out too dry than there is a good chance that you overcooked it. Watch carefully for the cake to be done but not overdone. It is also important to add just the right amount of flour. Too much flour will result in a dry cake.
If you are trying to make this a meal I would serve some fresh fruit, eggs and a hot drink of your choice.
- Snickerdoodle Coffee Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Homemade Corner Bakery Cinnamon Creme Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Sour Cream Streusel Coffee Cake
If you’ve tried this Cinnamon Coffee Cake or any other recipe on Barbara Bakes, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream 16 ounces
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup cinnamon chips optional
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips optional
- 1 teaspoon shortening optional
- Preheat oven to 350º. Coat a 10 cup fluted bundt or tube pan coated with vegetable or olive oil cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Spoon a third of the batter into the Bundt pan. Combine cinnamon and brown sugar; sprinkle half over batter in pan. Repeat layers ending with ⅓ batter on top.
- Cook in oven for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. (I served it warm and it sliced perfectly.)
- To make the optional glaze: Melt ¼ cup cinnamon chips with ½ teaspoon butter flavored Crisco in the microwave in a Ziploc on 50% power for about 30 seconds to one minute until the chips are melted (just sort of knead the chips in the bag a little bit and don't over heat them). Then I did the same with ¼ cup white chocolate chips and ½ teaspoon butter flavored Crisco.
- You could also make a simple powdered sugar glaze by adding 1 cup powdered sugar with just enough milk to make a thick glaze. Both glaze options are optional and both work great.
- You could use plain whole fat Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream in this recipe if you’d like.
I am excited for you to make this Cinnamon Coffee Cake. There is no shortage of flavor and it can be served for any occasion. You’ll find yourself craving more of this delicious cake.