Luscious, easy-to-make Cranberry Pecan Pie Bites made from fresh cranberries and crunchy pecans in flaky, ready-made mini fillo shells finished with a pretty swirl of whipped cream.
I’ve teamed up with Athens Foods again for today’s post. If you’re looking for an easy-to-make, easy-to-serve pie for Thanksgiving, this is the one.
The cranberry filling comes together quickly on the stove. If you’ve never cooked fresh cranberries on the stove, it’s fun to listen to them pop as they cook. Use a deep sauce pan to avoid splatters.
To save time on Thanksgiving, you could easily make the filling a few days ahead and refrigerate it until ready to use. Then fill the shells and quickly bake them on Thanksgiving, or even the day before. If your oven is occupied, you could even skip baking them. The shells are crisp right out of the freezer.
You’ll find the Mini Fillo Shells in the freezer section at the supermarket. They pre-made and recipe ready. Keep some in the freezer and you’re always ready to whip up a quick dessert on short notice.
These sweet, tart Cranberry Pecan Pie Bites are spiced with a little bit of fresh ginger and cinnamon, which gives them just a hint of the warm fall spice flavor you love in pies this time of year.
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens Mini Fillo Shells®
- 3 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- finely grated zest of 1 large orange
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 375º. Place Fillo shells on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, combine cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice, orange zest, cinnamon, and ginger. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Gently stir in butter until melted. Stir in pecans, reserving a tablespoon for decoration if desired. Divide the mixture evenly among the 30 Mini Fillo Shells.
- Bake 5 minutes until shells are crisp. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Serve with a swirl of whipped cream and a sprinkle of finely chopped pecans, optional.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Athens Foods, but all opinions expressed are always my own.