A Creamy Lemon Yogurt Pie in a crisp graham cracker crust. The easy-to-make lemon filling gets it’s creamy texture and a little extra tang from the addition of Greek yogurt.
Today I’ve teamed up with The Greek Gods Yogurt to bring you a luscious lemon pie perfect for the holidays. Pumpkin pie is great for Thanksgiving, but my mom loved lemon desserts. So I’ve been making a lemon dessert in her honor every year for Thanksgiving for the last five years. Mom would love this easy-to-make Creamy Lemon Yogurt Pie and I’m sure you will too.
I’ve purchased the full fat Traditional Plain Greek Gods Yogurt before to use in recipes, but I hadn’t tried their flavored yogurts until recently. They sent me some grocery store coupons. So I couldn’t resist trying several of the flavors.
I loved all the flavors I bought, but I paired the Honey Salted Caramel The Greek Gods Yogurt with my homemade Pecan Pie Granola and had it for dessert one night. They are fabulous together.
For this pie, I used both the Honey Lemon and the Traditional Plain yogurt. I made the filling for this pie three times, tweaking it to get it just right. The pie is a little sweeter with the Honey Lemon yogurt, but both yogurts are great in this recipe.
The Greek Gods is holding a Fall Pie Recipe Contest. To enter submit your favorite autumn pie dish using The Greek Gods® Greek-Style Yogurt, Kefir, Lebni along with a photo of the dish and the hashtag #GreekGodsPies.
I’m taking this Creamy Lemon Yogurt Pie to my sister’s house for Thanksgiving this year. I think you should put it on your menu as well.
Creamy Lemon Yogurt Pie
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs about 10 crackers
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup plain or honey lemon Greek Gods yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Press into a 9-inch pie plate, and bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks until they are light yellow. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk.
- Add lemon juice and beat until smooth. Whisk in Greek Gods yogurt and zest. Pour into cooled pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and transfer to a wire rack until completely cooled. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, optional