Easy-to-make, rich fudgy brownies swirled with smooth, creamy cheesecake and loaded with chocolate chips. A decadent dessert that will cure any brownie craving.
I’m a little bit addicted to cheesecake brownies. Late at night when I’m craving something sweet, I often go to Kneaders for a cheesecake brownie. I love the contrasting flavors and textures. The smooth cheesecake, the fudgy brownie, and the chunks of chocolate chips is a heavenly combination.
One night last week, I was craving brownies, but fortunately, my husband and boys were home to help me eat them, so I decided to make the brownies at home instead of trekking toKneaders.
These chocolate chip cheesecake brownies are easy to make because they start with a brownie mix. Ghirardelli makes an excellent brownie mix so no one will ever know that they started with a mix.
The Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix has chocolate chips in the mix and then you add more chocolate chips on top. I buy the mixes at Sam’s Club or Costco. This recipe uses two 20 oz. pouches.
When I’m cutting bar cookies, I love to use my Kuhn Rikon Melon Knife. It’s long enough to cut the bars across in one cut, so you don’t have to drag the blade through the bars. The serrated blade also helps me get nice, clean cuts.
I also like to line the pan with foil so I can lift the brownies out of the pan to cut them. It makes it harder to spread the batter, but it’s worth it when it comes time to serve the brownies.
These brownies didn’t even last two days at our house. My oldest son said my cheesecake brownies are way better than Kneaders. I guess I’ll be making them at home more often.
- 2 20-ounce pouches Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Prepare brownies as directed on box, using the recommended oil, water and eggs for fudgy brownies. Spread batter in to a 13"x9" pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lined with foil.
- Prepare cheesecake batter:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla just until smooth.
- Put dollops of the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter and use a knife to swirl some of the brownie batter in to the cheesecake batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips across the top.
- Bake 50 - 55 minutes until edges are pulling away from the side of the pan, and the middle is set but not firm. Allow to cool completely in the pan before serving.
More brownie recipes you might like:
Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies, Barbara Bakes
Christmas Brownies, Just A Taste
Black Forest Waffle Brownies, Barbara Bakes
Peppermint Pattie Brownies, Two Peas and Their Pod
Fudgy Brownies with Candy Cane Frosting, Roxana’s Home Baking
Milk Chocolate Truffle Brownies, Recipe Girl