Lori, Recipe Girl, posted this linguine recipe on her new website, Culinary Covers, which highlights recipes from magazine covers. This recipe was featured on the cover of the Vegetarian Times, September 2010. The recipe is included in an article on five ingredient dinners, and it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
As soon as I saw the recipe, I knew I would love it and I made it that same night. But I didn’t expect that my family would love it as much as I did. This one is quick and easy, full of flavor and fairly low in calories. A perfect weeknight meal. Lori suggested some changes and I have incorporated them below. Definitely give this one a try.
Linguine in Lemon Cream Sauce
- 14 ounces dry linguine
- ½ cup light cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juiced
- 1 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions in pot of boiling, salted water.
- Warm cream cheese, oil and lemon juice in saucepan over low heat.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup of cooking water. Stir reserved cooking water into cream cheese mixture.
- Add pasta, lemon zest, and parsley; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.