Who doesn’t want a rich, creamy, cool treat on a hot summer’s day. This no-bake strawberry cheesecake is the perfect light and refreshing dessert to serve any night of the week.
If you’re like me, you also enjoy the rich, creamy, decadence of cheesecake. But, your classic baked cheesecake takes time to prepare before you can enjoy it. This no-bake strawberry cheesecake recipe can be made in a short amount of time, without lacking in the flavor and creamy texture of cheesecake.
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
This no-bake strawberry cheesecake recipe is quick, simple, and so delicious! This is a great recipe to make with your kids for a treat, to take to a summer cookout, or a family gathering.
With this recipe, you bake the crust before adding in your cheesecake to keep the crust from getting too soggy and providing a nice crunch in contrast to the smooth creaminess of the cheesecake filling. You also use fresh lemons and strawberries to enhance the flavor and to keep the recipe feeling light and refreshing.
- Graham crackers: these are the base of the crust, classic cheesecake texture and flavor and I love it!
- Butter: this helps bind that graham cracker crust together
- Sugar: this is used in the curst, cheesecake filling, and the topping, it is a dessert after all…
- Cream cheese: is used in the filling to give it that classic cheese cake flavor and texture
- Heavy whipping cream: this is my no bake cheesecake secret ingredient, this helps give it an amazing texture, no baking needed
- Strawberries: fresh berries are used for the topping though you can use frozen berries if that’s easier for you
- Corn starch: this is used to help thicken the strawberry topping
How to make no bake cheesecake:
- This is so easy! Start by making your crust by mixing together your graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Press them into your pan.
- Make your filling by beating up your cream cheese with the sugar.
- Then you add the whipped cream and beat it again well, this helps to make that light and fluffy cheesecake texture.
- Add the filling to your crust and chill.
- Make your strawberry topping by cooking in on the stove with the ingredients called for.
- Let everything cool and then serve your no bake cheesecake with a bit of your homemade strawberry topping on it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make the graham cracker crust if I don’t have a food processor?
While using a food processor to get your finely crushed graham crackers is the easiest method, using a resealable bag and rolling pin works great too! Just put the graham crackers into a gallon size bag, press as much air out of the bag as you can, seal the bag, and crush the graham crackers with the rolling pin. It may take a few minutes to get there, but it works great!
What can I use if I don’t have fresh strawberries?
If you don’t have fresh strawberries you can always use strawberry jam to layer in your cheesecake or use frozen strawberries. If you are using frozen strawberries, be sure to thaw them and drain the excess water so that it doesn’t make your cheesecake watery. You can also blend or puree your thawed strawberries to mix in with the cheesecake.
Is it okay to use unsalted butter instead of salted butter?
You can definitely swap salted butter for unsalted butter in this recipe. If you only have unsalted butter on hand, add ¼ teaspoon of salt to the graham cracker mixture. This will help create a balance of salty and sweet for your dessert, rather than overly sweet.
More cheesecake recipes:
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Birthday Cheesecake In A Jar
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake in a Jar
- Chocolate Cake with an Oreo Cheesecake Filling
If you’ve tried this no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe or any other recipe on Barbara Bakes, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
For the Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs about 16 whole graham crackers/about 1.5 packages
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- pinch of salt
For the filling
- 2 packages full-fat cream cheese 16 ounces, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 t fresh tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
For the strawberry topping
- 1.5 pounds fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
To make the crust:
- Be sure the graham crackers are very fne crumbs, the texture helps the crust to stay together well. I’ll often put mine in the food processor or a blender to make sure the crumbs are very fine.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs to a medium mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar, butter, and salt and stir until no dry parts remain.
- Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish by lining it with parchment paper or foil (if using foil, spray it lightly with nonstick spray).
- Add the graham cracker crust mixture to the prepared pan and gently press the crust evenly into the bottom of the pan (I like to use the bottom of a measuring cup to press it in).
- Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- Add the room temperature cream cheese to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer. Beat using an electirc mixer or your stand mixer for 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- While the mixer is running slowly add the sugar and continue to beat until very smooth and the sugar is fully combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- With the mixer running on medium to medium-high speed slowly add the whipping cream and continue to beat until the mixture is fluffy and soft peaks form (about 3 minutes).
- Spread the mixture evenly over the prepared crust. Place the cheesecake back in the fridge to chill while you make the strawberry topping.
To make the strawberry topping:
- Prepare the strawberries by removing the green top and then chopping them into ½ inch pieces (think small cubes).
- In a medium saucepan add the water and cold water and use a fork or small whisk to combine and make a slurry.
- Add the granulated sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the strawberries and stir to combine.
- Place the pan over medium to medium-high heat and allow the mixture to simmer and cook until the mixture thickens and the jel looks more clear, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Chill the cheesecake and the strawberry topping covered separately for 4 or so hours or until fully cold, or overnight.
- To serve, slice the cheesecake into 16 pieces and place one piece on a plate, Top with a few tablespoons of the strawberry filling and enjoy.
If you like just a bit of lemon flavor in your cheesecake, you can zest the lemon you are using for fresh juice and add it to the filling when you add the sugar. It adds a nice touch. My family is pretty anti-lemon so I don’t typically do it, but I really like it.
You’ll love how easy this no bake cheesecake recipe is and the strawberry topping is the icing on the cake! I hope you make is soon.
Can this freeze? It looks delicious! Thank you for this, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, it freezes beautifully.