Cheesecake Tunnel Cake
- 1 Chocolate Fudge cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- ⅓ c. sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the cake: Place the cake mix, sour cream, water, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat 2 to 3 minutes more until combined.
- Pour ⅔ of the batter in a greased and floured 12 cup bundt pan.
- Mix together filling ingredients. Spread filling over the batter and top with remaining batter
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until the cake springs back when lightly pressed and is starting to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool on wire rack for 20 min, invert it onto a rack and cool 20 minutes more.
- For the glaze, combine the chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture has thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place the cake on a serving platter and drizzle the warm glaze over it. (I usually just melt the chips with the milk in the microwave, put the glaze in a Ziploc, cut the corner and drizzle it over the cake.)
- Store cake covered in the refrigerator.