You’ll love how fast these Everything Bagel Croutons are to make and how delicious they are to eat. You’ll find yourself munching on them like crackers and they might never make it onto your salad.
- Bread: this is a great use for stale bread (and I always keep the ends or my bread and odds and ends of sourdough loaves for croutons!).
- Oil: you can use olive oil or any other light oil that you like or have on hand
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: this is the star of the show, it’s full of poppy seeds, garlic, salt, sesame seeds, and dried onion. It makes for a great topping for croutons!
How to make croutons:
- Chop up your bread into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the bread in olive oil.
- Spread it out on a pan and add your seasoning.
- Bake, cool, and enjoy. The croutons will finish crisping up as they cool.
- Enjoy on your favorite salads or eat as a snack.
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
It’s a magical blend of dried onion, dried garlic, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and salt and it’s what tops, Everything bagels! It’s an all around amazing seasoning that you can now get in just about any spice aisle. It’s delicious on avocado toast and popcorn as well.
How do you store croutons?
Store them at room temperature in a tightly sealed container so that they stay nice and crisp. They’ll last a few weeks.
Recipes to put these croutons on!
- Quick Spinach Salad
- Butter Lettuce Couscous Salad With Grilled Chicken, Cranberries And Almonds
- Asian Salad with Cashew Dressing and Cashew Butter Cookies
If you’ve tried this homemade crouton recipe or any other recipe on Barbara Bakes, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Everything Bagel Croutons
- 5 cups 5 cups rustic bread preferably stale
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Everything Bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut bread into bite sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Toss with olive oil.
- Spread bread onto a large baking sheet. Top with Everything Bagel seasoning.
- Bake for approximately 22-25 minutes (tossing halfway through the cooking process).
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
I can’t wait for you to make these quick and easy croutons that are topped with the most delicious Everything bagel seasoning. SO good!
Can I make these croutons ahead of time and store in the fridge for 24 hours?
I would just store them in an air-tight container on the counter. They don’t need to be cold.