A bar cookie made in a cast iron skillet. The middle is soft and loaded with gooey chocolate and peanut butter chips, a perfect contrast to the crispy, chewy edges.
We’re still in love with the skookie at our house. You use half the batter of a traditional cookie, so it comes to together quickly and cooks up in half the time of thicker bar cookie recipes. Perfect for those nights when your sweet tooth comes calling.
You don’t even have to worry about spreading the dough all the way to the edges of the pan. In fact, it’s really better if you don’t since the cookie will spread as it cooks.
I used smooth peanut butter in this recipe, but you could also use chunky peanut butter. Or maybe even better, stir some finely chopped peanuts in to the batter along with the chips.
To serve, I like to use a pizza cutter to cut it in to wedges. If you like peanut butter cookies, you’ll love this peanut butter chocolate chip skillet cookie. I know I do.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skookie
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons butter divided, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup peanut butter chips
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugars and peanut butter, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, mix on high speed to combine.
- On low speed, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combine. Stir in peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared skillet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges are crisp and the cookie is golden and cooked through. Remove from oven. Serve warm.
More skillet cookies you might like:
Chocolate Chip Coconut Skookie, Barbara Bakes
Brown Butter Skillet Cookie with Butterscotch Sauce, Completely Delicious
Chocolate Mint Skillet Cookie, She Wears Many Hats
Skillet Baked Candy Bar Stuffed Double Cookie, Picky Palate