A croissant stuffed with Reese’s Spread then battered and topped with crunchy praline pecans, baked until it’s golden brown and served with ripe bananas, whipped cream and grated chocolate.
My boys love Reese’s Spread, a peanut butter chocolate spread that tastes just like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. They often eat it with a spoon right out of the jar.
Now that they’re older it’s harder to get them together for a breakfast, so I recently made Sunday morning breakfast mandatory. I decided for our first mandatory Sunday breakfast, to use their favorite spread to create a Peanut Butter Chocolate Stuffed French Toast.
I was going to make it with Grandma Sycamore’s bread but I had leftover croissants in the freezer from the Raspberry Bread Pudding I made recently, so I changed my mind and used croissants instead. A decadent, delicious change.
I couldn’t resist adding the pecans to the mix because when my husband and I were shopping at Costco they were giving samples of Hoody’s Praline Pecans. The pecans are crunchy and sweet, and I loved them immediately. I decided they would be a perfect addition to my French toast.
It’s definitely a decadent breakfast, and it would also be perfect for dessert. It’s easy to make and was the perfect way to draw my boys out of their beds.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Stuffed Croissant French Toast
- 6 large croissants
- ¾ cup Reese’s Spread
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup half & half
- 1 cup praline pecans crushed
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Make a lengthwise slit long the back of each croissant to create a pocket that can be filled. Spread two tablespoons Reese’s spread into the pocket.
- In a shallow pan or pie plate, whisk together the eggs and half & half.
- Place a filled croissant in the egg batter and let soak and let it soak for several seconds. Turn and soak the top of the croissant. Remove from the batter and lightly press a handful of the crushed pralines on to the top of the croissant.
- Place croissants right side up on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until heated through completely and spread is beginning to melt.
- Serve topped with sliced bananas, whipped cream sliced, crushed praline pecans, and grated chocolate.