Zucchini noodles quick fried with chicken and sun dried tomatoes in an easy-to-make, flavorful artichoke lemon pesto.
Have you tried zoodles yet? Zoodles are zucchini noodles made with a Spiral Vegetable Slicer. The noodles make a great substitute for pasta when you’re trying to eat less carbs.
Recently I was at Sprouts buying zucchini to make noodles. I’d planned on serving the zoodles with a traditional basil pesto, but decided to try an Artichoke Lemon Pesto they were selling.
My husband and I loved it. It was so bright and fresh and flavorful that my husband said I should post the recipe. I didn’t want to post the recipe using the store bought Artichoke Lemon Pesto, so I bought the ingredients and recreated it at home.
The pesto recipe makes twice as much pesto as you need for the recipe, but it’s great with sautéed vegetables too. I added sun dried tomatoes the second time I made the recipe to add a pop of color and because I loved them.
This meal comes together really quickly. Just be sure and use a hot skillet so you get good color on your chicken and so the zoodles get hot quickly without getting too soft.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup of Artichoke Lemon Pesto
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini cut into noodles
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6.5-ounce jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until cooked through, 3 -5 minutes.
- Add half of the pesto, sundried tomatoes and zucchini noodles and toss to combine. Cook until noodles are hot, 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Artichoke Lemon Pesto
- Pulse all ingredients in a small food processor until well blended.
If you’re looking for more Zoodle recipes, Kalyn has a great Zoodle Pinterest board.