I love all the beautiful sugar cookies I’ve been seeing online lately and when I stumbled upon Our Best Bites Glacé Icing recipe I immediately wanted to try it. I’m not a fan of royal icing nor buttercream, so an icing that is “super forgiving, easy to use, and it actually tastes good” sounded like a must try.
I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe. It puffs up a bit more than other sugar cookie recipes I’ve tried, but it’s tender and delicious and I’ve yet to find one I like better.
Visit Our Best Bites for the Glacé Icing recipe and great tutorial on decorating cookies with the Glacé Icing.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter, or pulse in a food processor until mixture looks like sand.
- Mix in sugar. Mix in beaten eggs and knead into a ball.
- Divide into two pieces and form into two disks. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
- Cut out shapes and place on baking sheets. Bake at 375º 6 to 8 minutes.