Rice Krispy Treats dressed up for Valentine’s Day with heart shaped strawberry marshmallows, Valentine M&Ms and colorful sprinkles.
My family loves Krispy Treats, so for Valentines Day I thought it would be fun to make Valentine Krispy Treats. Krispy Treats are super easy to make and ready to eat as soon as they cool, if you can wait that long.
Kraft makes fun marshmallow shapes and colors for most of the holidays. For Valentine’s they sell adorable little strawberry flavored heart shaped marshmallows. I bought mine at Walmart and they still had bags left when I was there this weekend. The strawberry flavor is subtle, and blends perfectly with the chocolate in the M&Ms.
If you can’t find the strawberry marshmallows, substitute regular mini marshmallows. It would be fun to change up the colors and flavors for other holidays as well. The possibilities are endless.
What’s your favorite addition to Rice Krispy Treats?
Valentine Rice Krispy Treats
- 14 ounce bag Strawberry Heart Marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup Valentine M&M’s
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Set aside 1 ½ cups of marshmallows.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl heat butter and remainder of the bag of marshmallows on high for 2 minutes, Stir; microwave for one minute more. Stir until smooth.
- Add cereal. Stir until well coated. Stir in M&Ms and reserved marshmallows. (Save a handful of M&M’s to sprinkle on top.)
- Using a wet hand press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Scatter sprinkles on top and gently press into top. Cool completely before cutting in to 2-inch squares to serve.
More Valentine recipes you might like:
Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta, Barbara Bakes
Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Cups, Barbara Bakes
36 Valentine’s Day Recipes, Sally’s Baking Addiction
50 BEST Valentine Desserts, I Heart Nap Time
Valentine’s Day Food Ideas, Hoosier Homemade