[donotprint]I’ve made this recipe several times this summer and it is always a big hit. It really is a salad recipe, but my family loves to eat it with chips. It is one of Bob Greene’s Best Life recipes and not only is it a very healthy recipe, but it is “a great salad to make ahead for your next gathering–and it’s so pretty to serve!”
This is my entry in Aggie’s Food and Football blogging event. This would be great football food. It is so fresh and yummy people don’t even realize they’re eating healthy.
- 1 3/4 cups frozen sweet corn (from 16-ounce bag)*
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- Cook corn as directed on bag. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Stir together corn and remaining ingredients except avocado. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Stir in avocado just before serving.
- *Can substitute fresh corn if it's in season.
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!