A Halloween Cinder Cake made with crunchy Oreos topped with creamy orange sherbet, hot fudge, whipped cream, and Halloween sprinkles.
My sweet neighbor and good friend, Betty, often talks about recipes with me. The other day when I was visiting her, she told me about a Cinder Cake that her family enjoys. I’d never had Cinder Cake, so I came home and Googled it.
It’s not really a cake so much as an easy-to-make ice cream dessert. It’s traditionally made with a layer of whipped cream on top of the ice cream, and more Oreos on top of the whipped cream layer.
I decided since it’s Halloween I would use orange sherbet to make a fun black and orange Halloween dessert, and top it with swirled whipped cream and Halloween sprinkles.
The cake is a fun combination of textures and flavors. My husband said it tasted like a creamsicle with chocolate and crunchy Oreos.
- 1 package (15 oz) Oreo Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 container (1.5 quarts) orange sherbet
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Hot fudge
- Halloween sprinkles
- In a large Ziploc bag, use a rolling pin to crush the Oreos, or pulse in a food processor.
- Add melted butter to crushed Oreos and toss to combine. Press into an ungreased 9x13 cake pan to form a crust, and place in freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.
- While crust is chilling, soften the orange sherbet on the counter until it’s easy to spread but not melted. Spread softened sherbet over Oreo crust. Return to the freezer and freeze 2 to 3 hours until the sherbet is firm.
- Thaw slightly and cut into squares.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla; whip until stiff peaks form. Drizzle squares with hot fudge, add a dollop of whipped cream, and sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles.
More Halloween desserts you might like:
Candy Corn Popcorn, Barbara Bakes
Halloween Pumpkin Brownies, Barbara Bakes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Spider Cookies, A Spicy Perspective
Halloween Marshmallow Pops, I Wash You Dry
Halloween Pumpkin Pancakes with Black Cinnamon Syrup, Tidy Mom