Colorful, fun, craveably delicious Candy Corn Popcorn would make delightful party gifts packaged in fun individual Halloween bags, or just whip up a batch for you to munch on while you pass out treats to the cute little trick-or-treaters this Halloween.
The other day, I was at the grocery store, and they were selling little bags of candy corn popcorn for Halloween. Since I’m always on the look out for fun new products to try, I picked it up and checked it out. It looked like all they’d done to turn the popcorn in to candy corn popcorn was drizzle a little bit of orange and yellow white chocolate on top of popcorn.
I thought to myself, candy corn popcorn should have candy corn in it. I knew I could make better candy corn popcorn than that, and I headed to the Halloween candy aisle to buy some candy corn to make a better candy corn popcorn.
While I was in the Halloween candy aisle, to buy the candy corn, there were lots of other “candy corn” candies. So in addition to regular candy corn, I couldn’t resist adding candy corn M&M’s, as well as drizzling the popcorn with Hershey’s Candy Corn creme bars.
To balance out the sweetness of the candy, and load the popcorn up with even more delicious goodies, I added salty cashew nuts to the mix.
This wasn’t just better candy corn popcorn, it was dangerously addicting Candy Corn Popcorn. I couldn’t stop eating bite after bite of this Candy Corn popcorn. My family likes candy corn more than I do, but candy corn covered in white chocolate takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Candy Corn Popcorn
- ½ cup popcorn kernels popped
- 1 cup Candy Corn M&Ms
- 1 cup Candy Corn
- 1 cup salted cashew nuts
- 1 package 9.45 oz Hershey’s Candy Corn Creme Bars, chopped
- Pour the popped corn onto 2 baking sheets lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Remove any unpopped kernels. Mix in M&Ms, candy corn, and nuts.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt Hershey bars on 50% power. Drizzle chocolate evenly over the popcorn. Using a spatula, toss the popcorn to coat it with the white chocolate.
- Let the popcorn rest of the trays until the chocolate is dry. (It took several hours, but you could put it in the fridge and it will set faster)
- *Substitute White Chocolate if you can’t find the Hershey's Candy Corn Creme bars
More popcorn recipes you might like:
Easy Rocky Road Popcorn, Barbara Bakes
Microwave Caramel Popcorn, Barbara Bakes
Cookie Butter Popcorn, I Heart Naptime
Twix Caramel Popcorn, Two Peas & Their Pod
How to pop popcorn on the stove, Recipe Girl