I’m on vacation this week. So I’ve invited some amazingly talented bloggers to guest post and keep you entertained while I’m gone.
Today’s post is from Emily at is this REALLY my life? Emily has terrific sense of humor and her posts are always entertaining as well as delicious. In addition to recipes, she shares fashion and shopping tips, restaurant and product reviews, and snippets of her life as she laughs her way through “this crazy thing called motherhood.”
~~ ♥ ~~
Hello, everyone! This is Emily from is this REALLY my life? and yes, these chocolate caramel pretzel cookies are as decadent and drool-worthy as they sound.
I wanted to come up with some sort of new-ish cookie creation for today’s post because Barbara always inspires me with her “sweet” recipes. I rummaged through my baking shelves and discovered a package of Caramel Bits I’d been dying to try. And then I laid eyes on my secret stash of White Fudge Covered Pretzels and the deal was done.
I present to you these chocolate caramel pretzel cookies…reminiscent of those caramel and chocolate-covered pretzel sticks. Only more chocolaty. And chewy. And downright delicious fresh from the oven.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11-oz.) bag Kraft Caramel Bits
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Flipz White Fudge Covered Pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 to 3 minutes). Add eggs and vanilla and beat another 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in caramel bits and pretzels.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets and press slightly to flatten.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until set. Allow to cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
And now I’m craving these chocolate caramel pretzel cookies, which isn’t good because I ate half the batch last time I baked them!
A big thank-you to Barbara and her invitation to guest post on Barbara Bakes. For more yummy recipes (and a bit of humor), you can visit me at isthisREALLYmylife.com.
Thanks Emily for guest posting! The cookie looks fantastic. It’s a great combination of flavors and textures. I can’t wait to try the recipe.