Fudgy Brownies are a classic dessert that is gooey and utterly irresistible ! Grab your aprons and get ready to bake up a storm, because we’ve got a simple and mouthwatering recipe that’ll have you coming back for seconds (and maybe thirds, no judgment here!).
Before we dive in, let’s take a moment to appreciate the magical ingredients that make these brownies so darn delicious. We’ve got our star, 2 oz of unsweetened chocolate, which will provide that deep and decadent chocolate flavor. Next up, a whole stick of butter (because why not indulge a little?), a cup of granulated sugar to add that perfect sweetness, and two large eggs to bind it all together.
The delightful allure of brownies – it’s hard not to fall under their spell! People love brownies for a multitude of reasons, and it’s no wonder they’ve become one of the most beloved treats in the world. Brownies are simple to whip up, making them an accessible and quick homemade dessert option. Their straightforward recipe means you don’t need to be a master baker to enjoy a batch of fresh, homemade brownies.
Brownies are a universal crowd-pleaser. Whether you’re hosting a party, bringing dessert to a potluck, or celebrating a special occasion, brownies are sure to be a hit with everyone.
You want to make sure you get perfectly cooked brownies but not overcooked. One of the easiest ways to tell if brownies are done is by their appearance. The edges of the brownies should be set and slightly pulling away from the sides of the pan. The center should still look a bit moist but not raw. The top may have a shiny, crackly crust.
- Baking chocolate
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Preheat your oven and grease baking pan.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter together, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well combined. Gently fold in the flour and salt until just mixed.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fudgy brownies have a dense, moist, and chewy texture, while cakey brownies are lighter, fluffier, and more cake-like. The amount of fat, sugar, and flour used in the recipe determines the texture.
Absolutely! Nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, are a popular addition to brownies, adding crunch and flavor. You can also add chocolate chips, caramel swirls, or even marshmallows to create unique variations.
Once cooled, store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze brownies for up to 2-3 months.
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup 1 stick butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a square 9×9-inch baking pan and set it aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir in the granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Add the all-purpose flour and salt to the mixture, and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake the brownies in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The brownies should be set around the edges but slightly gooey in the center.
- Once done, remove the pan from the oven and allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting them into squares.
- Serve and enjoy the fudgy brownies!
Easy Fudgy Brownies are a dessert that holds a special place in our hearts and taste buds. Their rich chocolate flavor, combined with a lusciously dense and moist texture, makes them a timeless indulgence for people of all ages. Whether enjoyed warm with a scoop of ice cream, paired with a glass of cold milk, or savored on their own, these delightful treats never fail to bring joy and comfort.