If you’ve got a sweet tooth and a penchant for desserts that are easy to make, Oreo Balls are your ticket to indulgence. These delightful little treats combine the classic Oreo cookie with cream cheese and chocolate, creating a mouthwatering blend of flavors and textures. Whether you’re hosting a party, need a quick dessert fix, or just want to treat yourself, Oreo balls are a crowd-pleaser that won’t disappoint.
Oreo balls, also known as Oreo truffles, are small, bite-sized confections made from just a few simple ingredients: Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and chocolate for coating. The concept is brilliantly simple, but the result is incredibly satisfying. The cookies and cream cheese are blended together to form a smooth, rich mixture, which is then rolled into small balls and coated with chocolate. The contrast of the crunchy cookie center and the smooth chocolate coating is nothing short of divine.
The best part about Oreo balls is that they’re a breeze to make, even for novice bakers. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to whip up your own batch:
Start by crushing the entire package of Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. You can use a food processor for this, or place the cookies in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Then mix with cream cheese. Finally, take a small amount of the Oreo mixture and roll it into a ball between your palms. You can make the balls as big or small as you like, but typically they’re about 1 inch in diameter.
Make sure to place the rolled Oreo balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Once you’ve made all the balls, refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Oreo cookies
- Cream cheese
- Dipping chocolate
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Gather your ingredients and ensure the cream cheese is at room temperature for easy mixing.
- In a food processor, pulse the entire package of Oreos until they turn into fine crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese to the food processor and pulse until fully combined, creating a thick and clumpy dough.
- Use a small scoop or spoon to portion out the mixture, rolling each portion into a ball. Place the balls on a parchment-lined tray.
- Freeze the tray with the balls for at least 30 minutes. While they chill, melt the dipping chocolate, dip each ball, and place them back on the parchment paper. Allow the chocolate to set, then store the Oreo balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! You can use white, milk, or dark chocolate depending on your preference or even try flavored chocolate for a unique twist.
Store your Oreo balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep them fresh and delicious.
Yes, you can make Oreo balls ahead of time and refrigerate them until you’re ready to serve.
Yes, you can freeze Oreo balls for longer storage. Just make sure they are in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag.
- Chocolate Cake with an Oreo Cheesecake Filling
- Frozen Chocolate Oreo Pie
- Strawberry Cheesecake with an Oreo Cookie Crust
- Chocolate Oreo Construction Cake
- Layered Chocolate Lasagna
If you’ve tried this Oreo Balls recipe or any other recipe on Barbara Bakes, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- Dipping chocolate
- In a food processor, crush the Oreos until they become fine crumbs.
- Add the cream cheese to the food processor and pulse until it is fully combined with the crushed Oreos.
- Using a small portion scoop or spoon, scoop out the mixture and roll it into balls.
- Place the Oreo balls on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and chill them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the dipping chocolate according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Once the Oreo balls are chilled, remove them from the freezer.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate, ensuring they are fully coated, and place them back on the parchment paper.
- Allow the chocolate to set completely. This can be done by letting the balls sit at room temperature or placing them in the refrigerator.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, transfer the Oreo balls to an airtight container.
- Store the Oreo balls in the refrigerator or freezer to keep them fresh.
For added variety, you can decorate the Oreo balls with sprinkles, crushed Oreos, or drizzle them with additional melted chocolate.
If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can use white chocolate or flavored melting wafers instead of dipping chocolate.
Oreo balls make a great dessert or treat for parties, potlucks, or as a homemade gift for friends and family.
Be sure to keep the Oreo balls refrigerated or frozen, as they can soften at room temperature.
Oreo Balls are the ultimate treat for anyone with a love for cookies and cream. They’re simple to make, versatile, and always a hit at parties or gatherings. So, whether you’re a seasoned baker or a kitchen newbie, whip up a batch of these delectable Oreo balls, and watch them disappear in no time.