If you’re looking for a decadent treat that’ll send your taste buds on a heavenly journey, then look no further than Layered Chocolate Lasagna. This delightful dessert is a mouthwatering concoction that combines the richness of chocolate with the creaminess of various layers. Trust me, once you try it, you’ll be hooked!
Now, you might be wondering what exactly is a layered chocolate lasagna? Well, let me break it down for you. Imagine a dessert that resembles a lasagna, but instead of savory layers of pasta and cheese, you have luscious layers of chocolatey goodness. Sounds like a dream, right? Well, it’s a reality, and it’s absolutely incredible.
Layered Chocolate Lasagna
Let’s talk about the layers. The foundation of this dessert masterpiece is a buttery and crumbly chocolate Oreo cookie crust. It’s the ultimate base that sets the stage for what’s to come.
Next up, we have a layer of velvety smooth chocolate pudding. This is where the magic happens. The pudding is rich, creamy, and oh-so-chocolaty. It’s like diving into a pool of pure chocolate bliss. One spoonful of this layer will have you floating on cloud nine.
But we’re not done yet! Brace yourself for the next layer – a fluffy and heavenly cream cheese filling. This layer adds a delightful tanginess to the overall dessert and complements the chocolate perfectly. It’s like a creamy pillow of deliciousness that you won’t be able to resist. And finally to top it all off you have a delicious layer of whipped cream.
- Cream cheese
- Whipped topping
- Vanilla pudding mix
- Chocolate pudding mix
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Mix crushed Oreos with melted butter and press into a 13×9 inch pan for the crust. Then, bake the crust at 350°F for 5-10 minutes- let it cool.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, sugar, and Cool Whip until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together vanilla pudding mix and milk until thickened. Fold the pudding mixture into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Pour the combined mixture over the cooled crust, spreading evenly.
- Prepare chocolate pudding according to package instructions using milk. Pour the chocolate pudding over the vanilla layer, spreading evenly.
- Top with Cool Whip and sprinkle crushed Oreos on top and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious chocolate lasagna!
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course! You can easily adjust the recipe to make a smaller portion. Simply reduce the quantities of the ingredients accordingly and use a smaller baking dish or individual serving dishes for layering.
Yes! In fact, making it ahead of time is highly recommended. Layered chocolate lasagna needs time to set and allow the flavors to meld together. Prepare it a day in advance and refrigerate it overnight for the best results.
Layered chocolate lasagna can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. However, it’s so delicious that it’s unlikely to last that long! Just make sure to cover it well with plastic wrap or a lid to maintain its freshness.
- Chocolate Chess Pie
- Frozen Chocolate Oreo Pie
- Mini Chocolate Almond Coconut Pies
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
If you’ve tried this Layered Chocolate Lasagna recipe or any other recipe on Barbara Bakes, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Layered Chocolate Lasagna
- ½ package of Oreos about 20 cookies
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter melted
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 stick unsalted butter (½ cup) at room temperature
- 1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip thawed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 small packages of vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk any type you prefer
- 1 large package of chocolate pudding mix
- Milk amount according to the package instructions
- 1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip thawed
- Crushed Oreos amount to your preference, I use the rest of the package
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and pulse until they are fine crumbs.
- Pour in the melted butter and pulse again until the mixture is well combined.
- Press the Oreo-butter mixture firmly into the bottom of a 13×9 inch pan, ensuring an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the crust is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the room temperature cream cheese and butter until smooth and well incorporated.
- Add the granulated sugar and the tub of Cool Whip to the cream cheese mixture, and continue to beat until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla pudding mix and milk until the mixture thickens.
- Gradually add the pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture, beating continuously until it’s fully combined.
- Once the Oreo crust has cooled, pour the cream cheese and pudding mixture over it, spreading evenly.
- Prepare the chocolate pudding according to the package instructions using the milk.
- Pour the prepared chocolate pudding over the vanilla layer, ensuring a smooth and even coverage.
- Top the dessert with the additional tub of Cool Whip, spreading it evenly over the chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle the top with additional crushed Oreos to your preference.
- Chill the dessert in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving, allowing the flavors to meld and the layers to set.
- You may use either regular or Double Stuffed Oreos based on your preference.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can place the Oreos in a ziplock bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
- For a richer taste, consider using full-fat milk or cream for the pudding.
- If you want a more elaborate look, you could use a piping bag to apply the Cool Whip topping.
- Always let the dessert rest in the fridge before serving; this will help the layers to set and the flavors to deepen.
- This dessert can be made a day ahead, making it a great option for parties or gatherings.
- Make sure your dairy products are at room temperature before mixing to ensure a smoother, more homogenous mixture.
- You can use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer for better results when beating the ingredients together.
Whether you’re planning a special occasion or simply want to treat yourself to something extraordinary, layered chocolate lasagna is the answer. It’s a dessert that brings together the best of both worlds – the classic charm of lasagna and the indulgence of chocolate.